Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By noisymime
It's been a little while between firmware releases, which is usually a sign that there's been plenty packed into it. This release is no different! There are 2 major changes that are worth mentioning, along with a whole heap of smaller stuff.

First big one is the addition of VSS and gear detection. This feature is largely in testing and is a stepping stone for future work that can use this data (Eg boost by gear etc), but should be working fine on most setups. It has automated calibration for both the speed and gears to make setting it up super simple, but it's only available in the glory of metric! (OK OK, MPH will come soon if you all smile sweetly).

The other is some big changes to the idle closed loop from @VitorBoss. These should result in a much better and faster idle target achievement, but will likely require retuning of the PID values if you're already using closed loop idle control. The updated routine will try to convert your values, but depending on their values, this may not be possible.

I also want to highlight that the number of contributors has risen dramatically over the last 2-3 months. This release alone has had 11 contributors, so a huge thanks for all those who are getting on board!

As for the smaller stuff, here's the bigger highlights:
  • Add adjustable injector timing curve
  • Add option to adjust AE when cold
  • Add taper from ASE to run
  • Add taper from cranking to ASE
  • Add a minimum temperature setting for DFCO
  • Add a delay time for DFCO activation
  • Add option for the soft limiter to make relative rather than absolute timing adjustment
  • Add option to disable the fan during cranking
  • Many various bits and pieces for up to 8 channels (On supported boards)
  • 50% duty cycle hardware test modes now work
  • Fix issue in the Basic Distributor decoder that could cause a delay before sync
  • Hardware test modes expanded to 8 channels on supporting boards
  • Add 36-2-1 decoder (Testing only)
As usual, the firmware can be installed from SpeedyLoader, or the code can be grabbed straight from github
By Broke4speed
YAY! :D I finally hooked up the VSS at the rear diff to have a working speedometer. Now it looks like I have another use for the VSS pulse :).

Am I correct in assuming that this can only be used if VR2 is open?

Thanks to everyone for their hard work! It's GREATLY appreciated! :D :D :D
By Dalenutbrown
Fix issue in the Basic Distributor decoder that could cause a delay before sync
Is this the solution to the 5 to 15 seconds of cranking until a sync sometimes. (Resorted to tfi spout out for start and switch to
spout in once started)

Would this mean that the trip economy fields of tuner studio will now be off of vss or gps input if both are installed?
Thanks once again for the excent work done by all.
Dale
By noisymime
Dalenutbrown wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 6:04 pm Fix issue in the Basic Distributor decoder that could cause a delay before sync
Is this the solution to the 5 to 15 seconds of cranking until a sync sometimes. (Resorted to tfi spout out for start and switch to
spout in once started)
Should be, yep.

Would this mean that the trip economy fields of tuner studio will now be off of vss or gps input if both are installed?
Thanks once again for the excent work done by all.
I haven't really looked at those fields to date, but now that the actual functionality is there I can start investigating a little more.
By noisymime
Broke4speed wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:37 pm Am I correct in assuming that this can only be used if VR2 is open?
You can use the secondary trigger input (if not otherwise used) or any of the other 'interrupt enabled' inputs. If you've got one of the newer boards with an Ethanol/Flex input broken out, that works well.
By Fatman
Hello, I am absolutely loving Speeduino so far! I have been using a speeduino 0.4.3c in my Clio 1.2 turbo for 6 months or so. Had to make my own fly by wire controller which is a bit crude but works well enough for me.
I have an issue with the new firmware, in that tuner studio does not want to connect to it at all.

I usually download the arduino code and upload it and then add the .ini file to the tuner studio project.
This time it came back that the firmware version on the arduino was SP (whatever that means) but I added the .ini file anyway
It then failed the communications test and point blank refused to connect once the project was opened.
I tried this again with the same results and also re downloaded the firmware just in case. Also re installed tuner studio

I then decided to try using speedyloader, used the .ini file it downloaded. The results are largely the same except I noticed tuner studio looked like
it was trying to connect and failing (the progress bar came up and froze). I also noticed the
injectors buzzing away. I suspect that for whatever reason serial comms were being made and broken rapidly and the arduino was resetting continuously. After this I tried many things including creating a project from scratch, restarting the computer a few times also there were no further attempts made by tuner studio to connect.

After this I gave up and re uploaded 202002 which works flawlessly.
I have talked to my friend who says he has updated 2 cars with no issues..
So really I am at a bit of a loss with how to attack this next.
I should also say, this us using USB not bluetooth.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Regards,
James
Attachments
comms3.png
comms3.png (189.3 KiB) Viewed 9982 times
comms2.png
comms2.png (186.94 KiB) Viewed 9982 times
comms1.png
comms1.png (177.97 KiB) Viewed 9982 times
By Ilotalo
At first test it seams to be working. That DFCO i'm not sure is that what i want. Crank EA size increase is awesome. I hope i can get my car started at cold now.

I need to check things and look is there any issues.

I think possible reasons for that would be: 1) loo[…]

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?