Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By noisymime
Good news! Things are getting really close for a v1.0 release. I am doing a lot of testing at the moment to try and minimise any really big show stoppers and once I feel things are good, I'm going to get a RC version out, probably some time in early April.

Throughout Feb I also added the Display feature, which is cool to play with. Alas though, I've discovered that the Arduino Wire (i2c) library conflicts with the precise timing and results in missed pulses. This appears to be an acknowledged weakness of this library :(
I'm investigating use of another library that may not have this same issue, but short of that I'm going to need to roll my own lightweight i2c functions.

Other than that, I've been cleaning up things in TunerStudio a little and hope soon to have an official signature in the application. There's also the ability to set the board layout (pin mappings) in TunerStudio now, which makes life simpler for having multiple boards out there (Just let me know if you want your mapping added).

So far as features go, the following is all that is left that I plan to get in for v1.0:
  • Closed loop AFR targets - Simplistic algorithm is done. PID is there, but not functioning correctly yet
  • Battery voltage compensation
  • Fuel pump control
It's a short list, which also means that there are going to be some features that miss out for v1.0. If there's something that is still missing that you really think is urgent and a must have for v1.0, please let me know. Don't be offended if I bump it out to a later release though, I have to draw the line somewhere if I ever want to make an official 1.0. I promise I WILL be doing a big new feature add the moment 1.0 is done.
By turtana
where in the code i can find the input pin configuration.

my board go as folows

d 4,5,6,7 injector output (hexfet 15A)
d 8,9,10,11 injector output (hexfet 15A)
d 12,13 misc output fuelpump and idle (hexfet 15A)
d 24,28,36,40 ignition output
d 20,21 I2C and Eprom
d 18 rpm signal (crank) lm1815 conditioned
d 19 home signal (cam) 4N25 optoisolated faling or rising optional by jumpers.
a 8 internal 1.5bar mapsensor (jumper to conect, 3.3v conditioning needed for due)
a 7 batery voltage
a 6 optional temperature sensor (2.4k pulup)
a 5 optional temperature sensor (2.4k pulup)
a 4 lambda signal (jumper to conect, 3.3v conditioning needed for due)
a 3 external MAP sensor (jumper to conect, 3.3v conditioning needed for due)
a 2 TPS
a 1 CLT
a 0 IAT

this is the final layout for my board.
sensor input on rpm is simply determined by input, d 18 for vr sensor and d 19 for hall, the lm1815 conditioner can be easyly converted to 4N25 that fits in its place with one jumper wire when cop is used.
By noisymime
As part of adding the configuration setting in Tuner Studio, the pin mapping code was.moved into utils.ino.

Do you have a name for you board? If so, I can add it in as an option in the main code.
By noisymime
Just looking through your pinMap list, there's a few there that aren't currently handled in the main code.

As it stands at the moment, there are only 4 injector outputs, 1 MAP input and the CLT / IAT temp inputs (No spare temp inputs).
I can add these extras into the mapping, but they won't be functional at all within the code as it stands right now.
By turtana
Yes i know that the extra inputs and outputs are not used right now, populated the board with possible options that whre best in my eyes. extra injector outputs are useful when driving relay output, you can run multiple in paralel and have no worryes, fancontroll etc
By plazomat
Hi Josh, how about a pin mapping for the SMD shield pair I produced?

It would look like below...Also how do you choose the pin mapping in TunerStudio?

//Pin mappings as per the Plazomat In/Out shields Rev 0.1

pinInjector1 = 8; //Output pin injector 1 is on
pinInjector2 = 9; //Output pin injector 2 is on
pinInjector3 = 10; //Output pin injector 3 is on
pinInjector4 = 11; //Output pin injector 4 is on

pinCoil1 = 28; //Pin for coil 1
pinCoil2 = 24; //Pin for coil 2
pinCoil3 = 40; //Pin for coil 3
pinCoil4 = 36; //Pin for coil 4

pinSprOut1 = 4; //Spare LSD Output 1(PWM)
pinSprOut2 = 5; //Spare LSD Output 2(PWM)
pinSprOut3 = 6; //Spare LSD Output 3(PWM)
pinSprOut4 = 7; //Spare LSD Output 4(PWM)
pinSprOut5 = 50; //Spare LSD Output 5(digital)
pinSprOut6 = 52; //Spare LSD Output 6(digital)

pinTrigger = 20; //The CAS pin
pinTrigger2 = 21; //The Cam Sensor pin

pinSpareTemp2 = A15; //spare Analog input 2
pinSpareTemp1 = A14; //spare Analog input 1

pinO2 = A8; //O2 Sensor pin
pinBat = A4; //Battery reference voltage pin
pinMAP = A3; //MAP sensor pin
pinTPS = A2;//TPS input pin
pinCLT = A1; //CLS sensor pin
pinIAT = A0; //IAT sensor pin
By noisymime
plazomat wrote:Hi Josh, how about a pin mapping for the SMD shield pair I produced?
Done! :D

To choose the board, make sure you've loaded the latest ini file for the project, then it's under Settings->Engine Constants

Hi! Sorry for bad english, I hope I'm understandab[…]

In my opinion the easiest way is to just leave out[…]

Cant seem to get it working. Uploded my 202402 ini[…]

nice first of all, i read all that crap months a[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?