Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
One other thing I forgot to mention is testing.
We need to gather a list of volunteers and their gearbox types so when new updates are made for a particular model or what models need support for that matter.
As @psig said I have a 5r55, also a Jatco JF506E/F5A5 (known as 09a/09b on vw)
dazq wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:28 amWe need to gather a list of volunteers and their gearbox types so when new updates are made for a particular model or what models need support for that matter.
In order to avoid a wave of volunteers diluting this thread, I would suggest separate threads announcing specific volunteers and trans types needed on a per-case basis. For example "Volunteers needed to test shift sequencing on ___ transmission types". Although a general volunteer list could help to gauge interest and types of mules currently available for testing; again in a separate thread. Getting volunteers to follow-though with specific testing is particularly difficult at times. Your call on that for the info you need, Darren.

David
PSIG wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:52 pm
dazq wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:28 amWe need to gather a list of volunteers and their gearbox types so when new updates are made for a particular model or what models need support for that matter.
In order to avoid a wave of volunteers diluting this thread, I would suggest separate threads announcing specific volunteers and trans types needed on a per-case basis. For example "Volunteers needed to test shift sequencing on ___ transmission types". Although a general volunteer list could help to gauge interest and types of mules currently available for testing; again in a separate thread. Getting volunteers to follow-though with specific testing is particularly difficult at times. Your call on that for the info you need, Darren.

David
Oh completely agree with the above David , I wasn't implying that we needed to build a list here, but merely that one will be needed to give focus.
Right now we need to formulate a basic starting point (minimal implementation ) with which to build the fully auto features onto as we progress.
Buzzliteyear wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:22 am Hello, @dazq do you have a thread for your GearControl V2.002 firmware
or can I ask questions here ?

i have a 30-40le should be same as A340 that needs testing :D
There should be one , but better you start a user project thread then we can tackle your setup there :-)
Ok, I should ask you before starting,
Im keen to do away with my common rail motor as there are no easy spares here so didn’t plan on any motor controller when re powering car ( that’s the plan) manual injection pump

would you look at adding VSS and line pressure control I/O's to the firmware ?

can you be inspired with Beer ;)

Brett
Buzzliteyear wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:17 pm Ok, I should ask you before starting,
Im keen to do away with my common rail motor as there are no easy spares here so didn’t plan on any motor controller when re powering car ( that’s the plan) manual injection pump

would you look at adding VSS and line pressure control I/O's to the firmware ?

can you be inspired with Beer ;)

Brett
I suggest you start your own thread.
Buzzliteyear wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:56 am
I suggest you start your own thread.
What ??? weird cos the heading says
This thread is for discussion of transmission control theory, schemes, ideas, and the development direction of control code.
Correct. You'll be glad to hear that VSS and EPC/pressure control are already part of the plan (I need them also!), and your development suggestion is noted. :) Any further conversation about your specific transmission should be in its own thread.

David
Ignition Angle doubled?

I just erased the flash, went back to 2023-10, cre[…]

Doesn't look like you can edit posts? Correct. […]

BMW E23 M30B28

Don't forget, you can always fall-back to the &[…]

The basetunes were on so old version that they did[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?