Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By noisymime
It's been 2 months since the last release rather than the typical 1, which means I've either been super busy or super slack. Thankfully it's the former!

There's some big new features in this months release, including some that I had been resisting implementing for one reason or another. It appears the peer pressure got to me though and this update brings things like MAP based acceleration enrichment, which I think I must've been asked about 100 times.

The big one though that I've been working on (At least in part I have to admit for use on my own car) is the addition of a secondary fuel table. In its current form, this allows for blending of 2 fuel tables (Either by multiplying or adding them) that use different load axis (Eg one with TPS and one with MAP). This is particularly useful on ITB setups where having only single load source can be limiting.
I intend to add switchable tables (Either via an input or by setting changeover RPMs/Loads) over the next month, but I simply ran out of time to get it finished off now.

This is significant release with a lot of added and changed functionality. Whilst every effort has been made to make the upgrade work smoothly, please double check your tune after upgrading to ensure everything is as it should be.

As always ,there's a bunch of smaller stuff, so the full list of changes is below:
  • Addition of a 2nd fuel map that can be blended (Multiplied or added) to the primary map
  • MAP based acceleration enrichment. Currently it's only TPS OR MAP, you can have a % blend of both, but I might look at adding this later
  • Coolant based priming pulse. Previously the priming pulse was a fixed value, this allow it to be set based on the coolant temp
  • Coolant based After Start Enrichment (ASE). Similar to the above, ASE was previously a single adder amount that was added for a set period of time. Both the amount and the duration of the ASE can now be varied with coolant temp
  • (BIG thanks to pazi88 for his work on those last 2 items)
  • Miata 9905 pattern can now use the new ignition mode
  • Fix a bug that would cause issues if trying to do 3 or 5 injections per cycle
  • Closed loop idle target, RPM delta from target and an idle control indicator have been added to the log
  • Prevent O2 readings and closed loop from being performed if the user hasn't set the sensor type
The firmware is now available via SpeedyLoader and I'll be adding zip bundles to the wiki shortly for anyone who still uses those.

As always, please drop a comment below if you run into any bugs or issues.
By PSIG
noisymime wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:01 pm… As always ,there's a bunch of smaller stuff, so the full list of changes is below:
A nice blend of function improvements, bug squashes and a bit of glitter. Thanks again!
noisymime wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:01 pmThe firmware is now available via SpeedyLoader and I'll be adding zip bundles to the wiki shortly for anyone who still uses those.
Without the ZIP bundles, where would users conveniently get the mountain of other info that's in them? Git is always there, but a bit awkward just for a quick DL compared to a link.
Rocket wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:14 pm looks good, will test soon on 6cil. any reason why maps not full switchable like in ms?
I haven't looked at any code, but I would think VE fuel tables (not MAP/TPS) would be fully switchable as 0%/100%. That said, a good tune will only operate properly with one fuel; so if you need a full fuel table switch, you will generally be better served switching the full tune to operate properly on the "other" fuel. There are always exceptions to every rule, but not many. I'm looking forward to next-step with full secondary tunes on RAM. :mrgreen: There would be more users wanting it than table blending or switching, but won't be many total users actually needing special-case features like that.

David
By Rocket
PSIG wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:35 pm
Rocket wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:14 pm looks good, will test soon on 6cil. any reason why maps not full switchable like in ms?
I haven't looked at any code, but I would think VE fuel tables (not MAP/TPS) would be fully switchable as 0%/100%. That said, a good tune will only operate properly with one fuel; so if you need a full fuel table switch, you will generally be better served switching the full tune to operate properly on the "other" fuel. There are always exceptions to every rule, but not many. I'm looking forward to next-step with full secondary tunes on RAM. :mrgreen: There would be more users wanting it than table blending or switching, but won't be many total users actually needing special-case features like that.

David
full switchable maps will be coll for example lpg fuel , with same switch to change maps ant turn on lpg injectors relay. but still it is very good how it is right now
By Yoosyn
When I uploaded I had to recalibrate MAP sensor. It shows 92kPA instead of 98kPa (checked with August2 frm) when off. Anyone else had to do it?
Plugs, where to get?

Connector #003: Arduino Pin-Header 2.54mm spac[…]

I am after low end torque, I don't want HP. I appr[…]

http://i.imgur.com/jcGk3A4.gif

Always going to be one, I have completed 3 convers[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?