Speeduino is now on Github Sponsors (Rather than Patreon): https://github.com/sponsors/noisymime
Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By PSIG
Truggy383 wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:38 pm
... after migrating to the firmware I noticed that I cannot get anything other than 0.0ms injector PW on cranking and thus have had no success in starting the vehicle. ... Has anyone been able to confirm normal non zero pulse widths after migration?
I have not seen any complaints, making yours the exception. Did you update the INI file in TS? Can you post your tune and a short cranking log of the issue?

David
By Truggy383
Here is the tune file that I have been running on successfully using the old 2017 load and it is also the one that I restored on the Aug 2018 firmware. Also attached is the cranking TS log file log for the Aug 2018 firmware load showing no injector pulse width and therefore no start condition that I am experiencing.

Appreciate any insight/thoughts on this.
Attachments
(24.43 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
(36.98 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
By PSIG
First and foremost, I see no RPM input in the log at all. Assuming your sensor is outputting a signal; you need to find where the signal breaks. If a good signal is at both the sensor and on Mega pin D19, then it's a settings or Mega issue. At this point, I would start a thread of your own to chase this down. If it is found and confirmed there to be a code issue, then you can tag that onto this thread and post it on the GitHub Issues page. Hopefully, it's a short chase!

David
By Truggy383
I did notice 0 rpm in the log shortly after I posted which explains the no start. However the key point is that it is not hardware related since loading back to 2017 firmware starts and runs the engine immediately on the all the same hardware. Again the only changes are in the new 2018 Aug firmware load and of course loading the correct TS .ini file that goes with it. What in the code could have caused the tach to no longer trigger all else being equal? Again I am using speeduino only for the fueling with conventional distributor spark. Anything need to change in my tune file?
By PSIG
Truggy383 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:12 am
... What in the code could have caused the tach to no longer trigger all else being equal? Again I am using speeduino only for the fueling with conventional distributor spark. Anything need to change in my tune file?
Apparently not, as I downloaded your msq, loaded your msq onto a v0.4, connected to TS, fed it an 8-cylinder distributor signal and RPM showed right up, with injectors and ignition active. I tried setting Skip Cycles to zero (not needed for fuel-only), and set ignition to single output (what it would be anyway), and it merrily responded.

When weird stuff like this happens, it's tough to identify, and so I suggest:
• Download the EEPROM_Clear.ino file below. Load and run it on your bare Mega with Arduino IDE in order to wipe stored memory. LED13 means done.
• Reload your msq tune file with Arduino IDE. Note any errors or warnings.
• Create a new project in TunerStudio for this tune. Delete the old one. Verify all the Project Properties are correct before connecting your Mega.
• Connect to TS, noting any errors or warnings. Verify it is communicating with TS and reporting proper values before engine start.

Typically, just a new project will get things going (an uncommon TS issue), but in rare cases an EEPROM wipe is also required. You can just try the new project, but if that fails, after wiping you'll need yet another new project. ;) Let us know how it goes, and if no joy, start a new thread for troubleshooting.

David

:arrow: :!: After downloading, change the file extension from "txt" to "ino" :!: :
(912 Bytes) Downloaded 104 times

Trigger sensor selection is very much based on wha[…]

I currently have a snapped bolt in my crank senso[…]

Ignition only system. No TPS

I have the igniter (ignition module) and the coils[…]

M43 turbo

https://ibb.co/dDQW06c blue mark is the last to[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?