The biggest change by far this month are the huge modifications to the ignition timing and scheduling system. At a high level, this has extended the older per tooth timing mode and brings a significant increase in timing accuracy. I'll be doing a full write-up to run over the details of this and there is some work still in progress to give further improvements, but its a very solid step forward. Currently it's limited to only some of the decoders as I go through and write support into the rest and is turned off by default just incase there are any bugs (See the option in the Spark Settings). I strongly recommend giving it a shot though.
In the background, I've also kicked off the work to add interfacing with a knock controller. This remains a WIP at the moment, but should make it to a working state before too long. Further details coming soon
In terms of other bits and pieces, it's a pretty long list this month! Lots a bug fixes and little things that have been added here and there, all of which add up to a pretty solid set of improvements:
- Sequential decoding on the 4g63 pattern
- Add a Lost Sync counter
- Change the rolling cut method to be more aggressive (Now performs a full cut on all cylinders, but not every revolution)
- Comms change to better support connections with msDroid
- Fix a regression that meant the ignition table would not be shown in Mega Log Viewer
- Fix a bug that would lead to inaccurate timing on the Basic Distributor, Miata9905 and Subaru 67 patterns
- Multiple fixes to the stepper idle control (Homing not completing in some cases and the cranking step value being incorrect)
- Fix a bug preventing sequential ignition working on 2 cylinder engines
If there are any issues found with this one, please comment on this thread. There have been a LOT of changes included in this one, so there may be some parts of the new ignition system (when enabled) that need further work. Otherwise though, enjoy!
A number of issues were found with the original release of this firmware. All have these, to the best of my knowledge, have now been addressed and the updated firmware can be downloaded from: https://speeduino.com/wiki/images/d/da/ ... ug18-2.zip
This update does not add any significant new features (Arguably just adding support for staging in some configurations that wasn't there previously), but is HIGHLY recommended for anyone who was using the previous August firmware.