Speeduino is now on Github Sponsors (Rather than Patreon): https://github.com/sponsors/noisymime
Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By noisymime
It's been one of those times when 1 month just wasn't enough for everything I wanted to get done in this month!

The biggest change by far this month are the huge modifications to the ignition timing and scheduling system. At a high level, this has extended the older per tooth timing mode and brings a significant increase in timing accuracy. I'll be doing a full write-up to run over the details of this and there is some work still in progress to give further improvements, but its a very solid step forward. Currently it's limited to only some of the decoders as I go through and write support into the rest and is turned off by default just incase there are any bugs (See the option in the Spark Settings). I strongly recommend giving it a shot though.

In the background, I've also kicked off the work to add interfacing with a knock controller. This remains a WIP at the moment, but should make it to a working state before too long. Further details coming soon ;)

In terms of other bits and pieces, it's a pretty long list this month! Lots a bug fixes and little things that have been added here and there, all of which add up to a pretty solid set of improvements:
  • Sequential decoding on the 4g63 pattern
  • Add a Lost Sync counter
  • Change the rolling cut method to be more aggressive (Now performs a full cut on all cylinders, but not every revolution)
  • Comms change to better support connections with msDroid
  • Fix a regression that meant the ignition table would not be shown in Mega Log Viewer
  • Fix a bug that would lead to inaccurate timing on the Basic Distributor, Miata9905 and Subaru 67 patterns
  • Multiple fixes to the stepper idle control (Homing not completing in some cases and the cranking step value being incorrect)
  • Fix a bug preventing sequential ignition working on 2 cylinder engines
As usual, the firmware can be grabbed from the wiki or directly at: https://speeduino.com/wiki/images/2/20/ ... -Aug18.zip See below update

If there are any issues found with this one, please comment on this thread. There have been a LOT of changes included in this one, so there may be some parts of the new ignition system (when enabled) that need further work. Otherwise though, enjoy!

UPDATE
A number of issues were found with the original release of this firmware. All have these, to the best of my knowledge, have now been addressed and the updated firmware can be downloaded from: https://speeduino.com/wiki/images/d/da/ ... ug18-2.zip

This update does not add any significant new features (Arguably just adding support for staging in some configurations that wasn't there previously), but is HIGHLY recommended for anyone who was using the previous August firmware.
By jmunkdk
Thanks for the update, be there is something not quite right - I think.

When loading it with the present tune in TunerStudio, the ignition loads are missing. When retyping the loads, I can see that the

name="ignLoadBins"

has changed to

name="mapBins1"

Is this right or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Jens.
By noisymime
jmunkdk wrote:When loading it with the present tune in TunerStudio, the ignition loads are missing. When retyping the loads, I can see that the

name="ignLoadBins"

has changed to

name="mapBins1"
Yes, these were renamed, but if you're connected to the unit with the tune on then TS should just pick these up and use the original ones. Had you loaded the ini into TS when you were disconnected?
By jmunkdk
Yes I had.

However, now I have loaded the new version in my VW Bus with a basic distributor, and I am sorry to say that it doesn't work. I cannot start it!

It worked with the last version, and even adjusting crank and warm up enrichment doesn't make any difference. There are a few scattered firings. I wanted to check if the ignition is right, but the timing light only flashes when there is one of the scattered firings. RPM and advance appear right in TS.

Should I downgrade or do you have a quick suggestion? I have a commitment with the bus on Monday.
By noisymime
jmunkdk wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:50 pm
Yes I had.

However, now I have loaded the new version in my VW Bus with a basic distributor, and I am sorry to say that it doesn't work. I cannot start it!

It worked with the last version, and even adjusting crank and warm up enrichment doesn't make any difference. There are a few scattered firings. I wanted to check if the ignition is right, but the timing light only flashes when there is one of the scattered firings. RPM and advance appear right in TS.

Should I downgrade or do you have a quick suggestion? I have a commitment with the bus on Monday.
Just to check, do you have the new ignition mode turned on or off in the Spark settings?
What are the ignition LEDs doing when you're cranking? Do they look regular or just scattered like the timing light?
By jmunkdk
The LED's confirm the timing light. I.e. very scattered flashes (at which it does fire). However, the RPM gauge and log show solid 225-230 rpm during crank.

There is also a wild RMP logged at 5000 rpm - obviously not right

The new ignition mode is not turned on.

You can get a log of a start attempt here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kngvo7c4ewqms ... W.zip?dl=0
noisymime wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:14 pm
Just to check, do you have the new ignition mode turned on or off in the Spark settings?
What are the ignition LEDs doing when you're cranking? Do they look regular or just scattered like the timing light?
By bhop_alex
I am also unable to start after updating. Running an NA6 pnp unit. New ignition mode is off, and all of the settings seem to be the same as before. I am updating from December, so I did miss many updates. Did something change in the meantime with the wheel decoders or anything? I remember when I updated to December's release, there was a wheel setting that was modified I had to change or something and it fired right up. I don't hear my fuel pump priming anymore, and I am using the MAF jumper and TS pin set to A9.

1J and 1Q appear to be jumped at all times (with i[…]

Speeduino ECU compatibility

Speeduino works with any engine. You just need to[…]

Please read the wiki. It seems you don't understa[…]

VVT angle going backwards?

Pretty sure other than MX-5 trigger VVT is still W[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?