Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By panpan
Oh, that's odd DeeEmm, works for me... you have to make sure you type it correctly, and I closed Terminal before opening System Preferences...
Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 16.44.25.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 16.44.25.png (22.58 KiB) Viewed 7132 times
Yes, and Phil's reply will be because Speedino sets this capability in its firmware.

PS If you restart your Mac will System Preferences be OK? Have you got Time Machine enabled, as it's very easy to restore back if you have.
By NickZ
that option is only avaliable in older osx versions. Sierra and later have removed the "Anywhere" option.
Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at 8.05.13 am.png
Screen Shot 2018-08-28 at 8.05.13 am.png (66.23 KiB) Viewed 7119 times
By panpan
NickZit is not removed just hidden. I am using 10.13.6 aka High Sierra, and if you follow that link, you can re-activate the hidden option. I just did it before, hence the screenshot time stamp. Obviously, this makes your macOS vulnerable to nasties, as Gatekeeper is disabled, but I only suggested it as a possible workaround for the "unknown source" flag.
By DeeEmm
panpan, the issue was that I could not even get the 'security and privacy' preference pane to display, but a reboot fixed that. However, when I checked it was already set to 'allow apps downloaded from anywhere' so that's not the issue. Additionally, firewall is off and I have no third party firewall apps.

So, here's where we are...

Firmware is working for others - so probably not a firmware issue
Tested with alternate Megas - same issue, so most likely not the type of Mega.
Tested with another computer (Nick also has same / similar issue) same issue - all on OSX to me this is quite telling.
Spoke with EFI analytics - Phils diagnosis of logs is that TS is requesting tooth log but not receiving data - so likely not a TS issue.

I think it's most likely an OSX / comms problem.

I have just remembered one thing. I do have another, older macbook. I will dig it out and have a go on that. I'm pretty sure it has an older version of OSX on it. It may also have been the one that I previously had success on. It was all a while ago.

Will have a go and let you know.
By DeeEmm
panpan wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:11 pm NickZit is not removed just hidden. I am using 10.13.6 aka High Sierra, and if you follow that link, you can re-activate the hidden option. I just did it before, hence the screenshot time stamp. Obviously, this makes your macOS vulnerable to nasties, as Gatekeeper is disabled, but I only suggested it as a possible workaround for the "unknown source" flag.
Nick I'm on same version, the following command worked for me (from link that panpan posted)
Code: Select all
sudo spctl --master-disable
By DeeEmm
As an aside: I believe that it does not completely disable Gatekeeper. I must have disabled mine when it was originally introduced (I do a lot of code development so it would have been a PITA for me). What happens to me is that I get a dialog open up asking me if I want to run the code as it detects that its from a third party developer. So I can still run it, but it warns me about it. If I ctrl+click instead of double clicking an app and then select open it will bypass this behaviour.
By DeeEmm
Okay. Laptop is on El Capitan 10.11.6

I had April tune loaded in the ECU so that's what I used, however when trying to connect it told me to upgrade Tuner Studio, which I did.

Tooth logger results were same.

One thing I noticed is that on this laptop the tuning / dyno views and Graphing / logging tabs are greyed out - on further inspection its running TS MS not TS Ultra - must have been from before I upgraded. At any rate the result is the same.

However....

I will roll back the firmware to the version that I previously used (Aug 17 IIRC) so that I can use the earlier version of tuner studio and see if that makes any difference.

Will have to wait until later tho
By DeeEmm
Okay. Got some progress, but not what I was expecting.

Loaded December firmware onto the board from my desktop (imac)

Whilst I was reinstalling tuner studio on the laptop decided to go online from the imac and just take a look - and guess what - Tooth logger is working.

Tested it over both USB and Bluetooth and works in both cases,

I could not manage to get it to work on the laptop however. Go figure.

Just going to try a newer firmware again...
By DeeEmm
Loaded Aprils firmware and the tooth logger doesn't work

Will reload December just to make sure...
By DeeEmm
Loaded Decembers firmware and now back to not working again. Very puzzling.

maybe some kind of memory issue?

It obviously works but something is preventing it .

Have not been able to get it to work again since.

nice first of all, i read all that crap months a[…]

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Thanks, car runs great now !!! Going to drift even[…]

sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?