Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By DeeEmm
NickZ wrote:yes im using mac's. wouldn't think it would matter as TS data it still sent and received.
even on a running engines and have never had tooth logger work for me.
I don't think is the type of arduino either.
I did some reading over on the msextra forums, not sure if this is exactly the same on the mega, but it seems that the high speed logger works differently from the regular TS data. Instead of constantly streaming to the computer, the data is buffered on the ECU (mega) and then once the buffer is full it triggers TS to let it know it has data to send. So there are effectively two data streams - the regular TS data and the high speed data.

Not 100% if the Mega works the same but it would explain why the regular data is fine.

The fact that you also use a mac is not surprising to me. I would bet a pound to a penny it's something like a blocked port
By panpan
[quoteI would bet a pound to a penny it's something like a blocked port[/quote] Not sure, not my expertise, and use macOS, Linux Mint & Windows with TS in the past. I saw this thread, and although old, there might be something in it.

https://arduino.stackexchange.com/quest ... x-yosemite

The OP got an answer which worked. Not sure if it relates to how Speeduino/TS sends data, but maybe it might help.
By DeeEmm
panpan wrote:
I would bet a pound to a penny it's something like a blocked port
Not sure, not my expertise, and use macOS, Linux Mint & Windows with TS in the past. I saw this thread, and although old, there might be something in it.

https://arduino.stackexchange.com/quest ... x-yosemite

The OP got an answer which worked. Not sure if it relates to how Speeduino/TS sends data, but maybe it might help.
Thanks Panpan,

I've come across similar issues a few times in the past with Arduinos and OSX, especially related to drivers.

Decided to take a look in the log as a starting point so enabled logging and tried to do a tooth log.

Got this...
27/08/18 11:20:46 PM :Error: Unable to read Logger data. Timeout of 2000 ms. exceeded. time:4010
27/08/18 11:20:46 PM :Warning: Caught Exception Notifying LoggerDataListener, continuing
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
at java.util.ArrayList.rangeCheck(ArrayList.java:653)
at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:429)
at com.efiAnalytics.tunerStudio.panels.TriggerLoggerPanel.e(Unknown Source)
at com.efiAnalytics.tunerStudio.panels.TriggerLoggerPanel.d(Unknown Source)
at com.efiAnalytics.tunerStudio.panels.TriggerLoggerPanel.i(Unknown Source)
at com.efiAnalytics.tunerStudio.panels.TriggerLoggerPanel.b(Unknown Source)
at aH.c.b(Unknown Source)
at aH.c.e(Unknown Source)
at aH.c.b(Unknown Source)
at com.efiAnalytics.tunerStudio.panels.TriggerLoggerPanel.c(Unknown Source)
at com.efiAnalytics.tunerStudio.panels.W.run(Unknown Source)
27/08/18 11:20:46 PM :Debug: Time:8528.757s. All processing complete for
27/08/18 11:20:46 PM :Time: 142:08.978: READ 256 bytes, 256 bytes
Timeout resulting in out of bounds exception? or timeout AND out of bounds exception?

Not sure if symptom or cause.

Nothing in system console that I can see

Will try a reinstall of tuner studio and see if that makes a difference
By panpan
Well that's interesting DeeEmm, have you seen this?
http://www.tunerstudio.com/index.php/shadowdashmsmenu
At the bottom although it is from Android it mentions "unknown source"
Installation

Enable Unknown Sources

Before attempting a manual installation of apps using the .apk files, you must first allow your phone to install from “Unknown Sources” (i.e. non-Play apps).
To do this, navigate to Settings -> Security and check the box marked “Unknown Sources“.
You can then run the .apk file from any file manager and you will have the Shadow Logger MS icon available with your applications.

So maybe it's a Security and Privacy settings catchall in macOS System Preferences. See this loads of times with beta macOS software apps. :)
By panpan
Another thing, have you sent an email to Phil Tobin aka TunerStudio head honcho, as he was always very quick at answering emails.

I'm sure that "unknown sources" will red flag to him straight away. You have tried to setting your System Preferences>Security & Privacy to "Anywhere", but you have to enable it if it isn't showing.

https://www.drcleaner.com/enable-allow- ... atekeeper/
By DeeEmm
Could be.

I've emailed EFI Analytics. I got a very speedy reply. (no pun intended).
I looks like it is simply timing out. In other words, it is calling for the log data, but never receiving any.
I've sent over a debug log but suspect that support may be limited due to the non-standard ECU.

Will see.
By DeeEmm
panpan wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:47 pm Another thing, have you sent an email to Phil Tobin aka TunerStudio head honcho, as he was always very quick at answering emails.

I'm sure that "unknown sources" will red flag to him straight away. You have tried to setting your System Preferences>Security & Privacy to "Anywhere", but you have to enable it if it isn't showing.

https://www.drcleaner.com/enable-allow- ... atekeeper/
haha just noticed this after I posted :D
By DeeEmm
panpan wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:29 pm it's a Security and Privacy settings catchall in macOS System Preferences. See this loads of times with beta macOS software apps. :)
Tried to disable it to see what would happen but I have an error and the security preference pane will not show. :roll:

I think that the unknown sources gatekeeper is only active for the first run on third party apps. I usually get around it by ctrl+click > open. It then asks you if you want to run it.

Another thing to fix now lol.

...and so continues my love / hate relationship with technology :D
By DeeEmm
Yeah, didn't get much further...
Hi Mick,
I didn’t realize this was a speeduino. I’m not sure what level the Tooth logger is supported.
I would suggest checking on the Speeduino forums.

Thanks,
Phil
Ignition Angle doubled?

I just erased the flash, went back to 2023-10, cre[…]

Doesn't look like you can edit posts? Correct. […]

BMW E23 M30B28

Don't forget, you can always fall-back to the &[…]

The basetunes were on so old version that they did[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?