Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By Panther
I would like to ask if it is normal for pin 1 and for 40 , also pin2 and pin39, pin3 and pin4, pin5 and pin6, on the v4 speeduino board, to be short-circuited, while power is off.

The problem is that I connected one injector on pins 1 and 40, and when I powered on the speeduino board, I heard the characteristic clicking sound from the injector one time, and then nothing at all.

Could I have burnt the speeduino board ? Or is something wrong with speeduino settings as from hardware, or as from software ? The injector is from a Honda CBR 600 RR.
By PSIG
Panther wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:56 pm I would like to ask if it is normal for pin 1 and for 40 , also pin2 and pin39, pin3 and pin4, pin5 and pin6, on the v4 speeduino board, to be short-circuited, while power is off.
Those pins are always shorted intentionally. They are joined in order to allow two paired traces to carry the large injector grounding currents, and each pair do the same thing - grounding when the injector should fire. The injector should be wired with direct +12V to one injector pin, and the other injector pin to the pair of Speeduino pins for that channel, e.g. [ +12V ----> injector ----> pins 1 & 40 for INJ channel 1 ].

David
By Panther
Hello David

I just solved the problem with the injector! The solution was that you told me! Thank you!

I have another problem now with the ignition coil! I use a smart ignition coil 4 pin type (BERU ZSE 059).
After testing the ignition coil,
pin 1 = +12V
pin = ground
pin3= trigger ( +12v)
pin4=ground

After connecting on speeduino the pin3 of the ignition coil to the 40pin connector at pin7,
I did a hardware test and I got no spark. Also, on speeduino board the corresponded LED after connecting the ignition coil and did a hardware test the LED it lights weak and when i stop the hardware test it remains light and weak.

So, you can tell me how I should did the connection?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Apostolos
By Panther
Hello David,

regarding to the previous problem, when the smart coil is connected and I am running the hardware test, depending on the pin I connect the smart coil, the corresponding LED does not light up. For example when the smart coil is connected to ignition 1 output and running the test, LED 1 does not light up, while the other LED , which have no smart coils connected, lights up normally. Also, when I have no smart coil connected at all, all the 4 LED lights up.

Regards,
Apostolos
By PSIG
Panther wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:44 pmI have another problem now with the ignition coil! I use a smart ignition coil 4 pin type (BERU ZSE 059).
After testing the ignition coil,
pin 1 = +12V
pin = ground
pin3= trigger ( +12v)
pin4=ground
Apostolos, verify your pin numbering and connections are correct. It appears the VAG/Bosch 0 040 100 013 coils are pinned with #1 on the right, and #4 on the left, looking into the coil.
VAG_Coil_Pins.png
VAG_Coil_Pins.png (63.98 KiB) Viewed 7270 times
The pins would connect:
  • Pin 1 = +12V power
  • Pin 2 = Signal ground at Speeduino (any of pins 9, 10, 12, or 23)
  • Pin 3 = +5V trigger signal from Speeduino IGN output (spark going LOW)
  • Pin 4 = Power Ground (to chassis/block/heavy grounding wire — NOT Speeduino)
Is this how you have it wired and set? You could use the jumper set to 12V to trigger it, but most references and test data I find all use 5V, so I would try that first. I have also created a dwell compensation table from the data I found for that specific 0 040 100 013 coil, posted below.

David

VAG_CoP_Dwell.png
VAG_CoP_Dwell.png (33.83 KiB) Viewed 7270 times
By tucker384
Yamaha R25 is a twin-cylinder sports bike that comes with a fuel-injected engine. The new model meets the latest Euro 5 emission norms. New Yamaha R25 makes around 36 PS power as per a report from Mototech India and its top speed is more than 180 km/h.

It's actually a pretty rudimentary unit from what […]

Sorry, i just realized one thing: The 25 degrees […]

Hi y'all, I want to add a new 3-D table for Inj[…]

Yes as mentioned its 114 degrees, most older (rece[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?