There had been a few things I was looking at getting stuck into with the firmware this month, but pretty much all of them got bumped by really good requests and suggestions from other people. I want to start by saying a HUGE thank you to those who have jumped on board with the bug/feature bounties as they have lead some of the focus this month, hopefully with benefit to everyone.
The big addition this months comes at the request of Mykk, who generously added a bounty to add nitrous control. To this end, 2 stage nitrous output controls have been added. This includes multi-stage fuel adders for dry shot systems, ignition modifiers, input arming pin and all the usual arming filters (TPS, AFR, MAP, Coolant etc). I genuinely look forward to seeing some videos of this in action!
Other than that, there's been a bunch of things that people have requested at various points, so hopefully this should be a handy update for a few folk. The full list of changes are:
- 2 stage nitrous control
- Acceleration enrichment now has a RPM based taper. This scales the AE amount down linearly as the RPMs increase, which allows a more useful enrichment throughout the whole RPM range.
- Auto switching of TPS reverse calibration. If the TPS is wired with the 5v and Gnd 'reversed', then the calibration will now auto adjust for this without the need to change the wiring.
- Add an On/Off mode for the locked timing option. This means you can now lock your timing at 0 degrees for testing if needed
- Fixed a bug that would prevent the missing tooth pattern running correctly at cam speed
- Many improvements to the 6g72 (6 cylinder) version of the 4g63 decoder. Still needs more testing on vehicle.
Or through Github: https://github.com/noisymime/speeduino/ ... tag/201806
So, keep those requests coming and checkout the feature bounty system if you want to help support the project whilst getting your features added