Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By SilentBob
NickZ wrote:you shouldn't have to move any jumpers if your using st-link.
it should be in its running state.
Good point, I messing around with USB so I had already moved jumpers and didn't think about it.
Mostly just did this to make sure the newest version of stm32 core works
By moussie369
Hey, did anyone get CAN bus working on a spectre board ?
I can't get it to work and I don't know if the problem comes from the board itself or something else
Maybe the build parameters thing I've read earlier (it doesn't wan't to build on platformio for some reason) or maybe the code on the "receiver" end is wrong but it's just the CAN library examples
By pazi88
Check wiki for building instructions when using PIO. PIO will build it correctly with all the correct build flags. If you use Arduino IDE, you need to add the build flags to boards.txt to get CAN ans secondary serial working.
By moussie369
Upload worked through platformio after I re-extracted the speeduino-master folder, somthing got wrong somehow, but still no CAN bus, I tried with the supported PIDs and RPM examples from the can library on a nano with mcp2515.
I'll take a look later today, maybe there's something I'm missing
By pazi88
moussie369 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:37 am Upload worked through platformio after I re-extracted the speeduino-master folder, somthing got wrong somehow, but still no CAN bus, I tried with the supported PIDs and RPM examples from the can library on a nano with mcp2515.
I'll take a look later today, maybe there's something I'm missing
There is also possibility that the spectre board doesn't use default can pins. Also you have termination in place etc?
By moussie369
The spectre board uses PD0 & PD1 pins wich seems to be the default CAN pins (ALT_2 is what's selected by default in the board_stm32_official.ino file), I tried with and without the 120Ohm termination jumper and I get the same results. Sadly I don't have a scope but I at least checked the voltage on CAN_H and CAN_L, it's about 2.6v so at least the transceiver looks to be working

edit: I checked the voltages on the mcp2515, it's only 2.2v might be a little too low, sincerely hoping it was something this dumb

edit2: powering the mcp2515 module externally did bring the voltages to 2.5v but still nothing, I don't have a way of safely feeding 12v to the spectre board (I connected the 2 grounds tho), should'nt 2.6v be ok ?
By moussie369
I was able to hook it up to a scope and the chinesium mcp2515/TJA1050 board might be faulty, the CAN_H signal looks normal but the CAN_L is a constant 2.5v, I ordered some TJA1050 so I'll try again with an esp32 once they arrive
By fraklin lgs
alguem pode me ajudar por favor?
não compila?

Arduino: 1.8.13 (Windows 7), Placa:"Generic STM32F407V series, USB serial (CDC), STLink, Smallest (default)"

In file included from sketch\src\SPIAsEEPROM\SPIFlash.h:31:0,

from sketch\src\SPIAsEEPROM\SPIFlash.cpp:28:

sketch\src\SPIAsEEPROM\SPIMemory.h:114:26: fatal error: util/delay.h: No such file or directory

#include <util/delay.h>

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1

Erro compilando para a placa Generic STM32F407V series

Este relatório teria mais informações com
"Mostrar a saida detalhada durante a compilação"
opção pode ser ativada em "Arquivo -> Preferências"
By Mr.fury89
Hi all.
I want to ask if it was still possible to adapt the blue pill code to STM32F103C8T6? Will everything work if I write code to it? And what capacity of EEPROM to put?
Thanks.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?