Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By Tjeerd
Trinom wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:45 pm I have finally found, what are the correct pins for various inputs (thanks to VitorBoss)
https://github.com/stm32duino/Arduino_C ... iant.h#L43
Nice you found it!
BTW The full list of of variants.h (analog pin numbers including Pxy to decimal pin numbering) has been posted in page 15 of this thread, for future reference if anyone is looking for it ;-))
By pkagiantas
hi i got an stm ebay board
did everything as the 1st post but when i reset the board to connect to computer i get a device descriptor error
is the board fubard ? or i am doing somthing wrong ?

also if i upload with no usb support and use an FTDI tunerstudio detects the board but it wont connect it behaves like the firmware is corrupted or somthing
By NickZ
what board did you get and how are you programming it?
and what connections on the board are you using when plugging it into the computer, normally pin PD9 needs to be pulled high.
By pazi88
I'm also struggling on the FTDI connection to STM32. It works sometimes, but mostly not. Clearly it's another pin conflict like almost all STM32 TS connection problems are. But not sure yet what is causing it. Also if you get that "device descriptor error", it means that you have pin conflict. The STM32 creates the USB connection, but before PC can ask the details about the USB connection, the Speeduino FW uses the USB pins for something else. But in that problem should have been fixed recently, so strange that you still have it :?:
By pkagiantas
NickZ wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:38 am what board did you get and how are you programming it?
and what connections on the board are you using when plugging it into the computer, normally pin PD9 needs to be pulled high.
im using the STM32F4VE board from ebay
and Tjeerdies spectre 5.2 ecu
i figured it out its somthing like pazi88 says
i was uploading everything correct but when i was uploading my tune i was using a pin that held the stm from booting ( pin 20 as vss )
even if you put the semi sequential settings the board goes fubar and needs to reapload the firmware

seems ok on the bench but some pine does not correspond with the pin that Tjeerdie says
IE baro says its in pin A9 on github where he has the pinout
but in my setup it works on A13 ( #define PB1 57 // A13 )

im getting close to actually put it on an engine to see how it works :)
pazi88 wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:00 am I'm also struggling on the FTDI connection to STM32. It works sometimes, but mostly not. Clearly it's another pin conflict like almost all STM32 TS connection problems are. But not sure yet what is causing it. Also if you get that "device descriptor error", it means that you have pin conflict. The STM32 creates the USB connection, but before PC can ask the details about the USB connection, the Speeduino FW uses the USB pins for something else. But in that problem should have been fixed recently, so strange that you still have it :?:
how recently ? and can i upload the firmware untouched on Tjeerdies board ?
i was using the version he has on github
By NickZ
the CAN stuff can also crash the boards, I have boards that don't work now because of the added CAN and have to edit it out.

But my current versions work perfect, but with a few code modifications, Mainly Pin assignment, Serial for "Serial 3" .
im using the native USB and still getting the Serial 3 through serial.
By pkagiantas
NickZ wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:23 pm the CAN stuff can also crash the boards, I have boards that don't work now because of the added CAN and have to edit it out.

But my current versions work perfect, but with a few code modifications, Mainly Pin assignment, Serial for "Serial 3" .
im using the native USB and still getting the Serial 3 through serial.
interesting the issue im facing is that my board randomly tries to sync and sees rpm signal with nothing connected
ill try to get the can chip out to see if it makes any difference
By NickZ
the CAN wont affect that unless your using a trigger pin assigned to it. the fact you have random triggering effects would indicate you don't have any hardware on the pins you have set as trigger pins and they are just floating.

when a board is first booted after loading the firmware the default board type is v0.4, you need to check your configuration has some pin definition for your STM board or it can crash it.
I modify my firmware to be the STM board pin configuration im using as V0.4 so when i defaults to that everything should work.
By pkagiantas
NickZ wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:34 am the CAN wont affect that unless your using a trigger pin assigned to it. the fact you have random triggering effects would indicate you don't have any hardware on the pins you have set as trigger pins and they are just floating.

when a board is first booted after loading the firmware the default board type is v0.4, you need to check your configuration has some pin definition for your STM board or it can crash it.
I modify my firmware to be the STM board pin configuration im using as V0.4 so when i defaults to that everything should work.
The board has an onboard max conditioner it might be a hardware issue I have to do some more testing but it shouldn't get false triggers with the conditioner on

As for the firmware I solved my issues the stm is really picky with its pins :cry:
By pkagiantas
so finally made it to work ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VA87r4UyZXY
im using Tjeerd's design board
the issue with the false triggering still dont know i made a new board and now everything works fine
i guess i have messed something up on the first board

the "device descriptor error"
was happening because my tune had the pin 20 for the VSS when i was using the 4.3c and the stm was freaking out when i was uploading the tune

also the onboard datalogger seems to work decent it gets some sd errors but it mostly works

and is there a way to use the flex input as a VSS ?
the board that Tjeerd made has limited inputs. And since here in Greece we just don't have corn juice its a unused pin.
I have used all of the extra inputs for oil pressure, egt temp, clutch switch etc
and i would like to use the flex because its already has the protection and filtering on the board rather than making a new input on the spare pins directly on the stm board

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?