Speeduino is now on Github Sponsors (Rather than Patreon): https://github.com/sponsors/noisymime
Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By noisymime
So time for some more new firmware goodness! This month sees a return to the more standard feature / bug release type changes rather than the larger structural ones I've been working on the last 2 months. I've gone back over the feature request list and tried to get through as many of them as I could, including a few that have been requested fairly regularly for a while now.

On the hardware front, I am really excited to say that the beta run of the NA6 MX5 / Miata PNP units is done and (mostly) shipped. These have been in the works for a long time and, whilst some development is still required on the firmware side of things for them to be perfect, they are ready for wider testing and use: Image
The major changes on the firmware front this month were:
  • Support secondary pressure sensor for real time baro readings. This has been asked by various people since (I think) the beginning of the project and is now supported. None of the boards currently have this built-in, but any of the spare analog inputs (Such as the ones on the proto areas) can be used for this. Currently it's limited to being an identical sensor to the primary sensor (ie they have to have the same calibration), but I'll probably change that this month
  • There's now a cranking enrichment curve in place of the single value. This allows for temperature dependant changes to cranking pulse widths
  • Improved MAP sensor reads (Faster and more accurate) that also allow for negative calibration values. You may notice your MAP sensors readings are a touch higher (2-3kPa at most) with the new firmware, this is normal.
  • Some experimental changes to the boost control PID algorithm
  • Allow the per tooth timing mode on Dual Wheel triggers
  • Fix a bug that prevented dwell limiting from working on Basic Distributor setups
  • Fix regression where the tpsDOT value would not reset to 0 (Introduced in June firmware)
As usual, the easiest place to grab the firmware is from the wiki: https://speeduino.com/wiki/images/6/69/ ... _Jul17.zip

If any problems or bugs are found with this, please post a comment below ;)

UPDATE 6/8/17: New version of the July firmware available to resolve a bug that caused the spark to drop regularly on some configurations. ALL users should update to this if you loaded the original July firmware! Can be downloaded from: https://speeduino.com/wiki/images/4/49/ ... Jul17b.zip
By tbj
Nice work. Fired my car up for the first time ever on speeduino using this, so it seems to work!

Just one comment: my MAP sensor has gone up from 94kpa to about 104. I was hoping it would increase to about 98-99 which it should be. As before it doesn't really matter as i can tune round it, just a comment :)
By Mrgeeky
Yeah this has some bugs and one big issue, tach for wasted cop isn't there its always low so I had to code that in again no big effort for that one.

Map went from 98 kpa to 105 kpa. Using the one in the bom, bit more than two or three kpa. could be atmospheric above sea level? Not sure how far above I am but I live in a valley.

Using a 60-2 trigger wheel and wasted cop every 20 seconds or so the engine will blip and misfire for a split second makes for uncomfortable running and loss of power not good for boosted engines. old code doesn't do this so I don't know what's been changed in relation to that. Could be trigger related? I'm using weak filtering as a safeguard against interference.

Fuelling went all over the place namely richend up everywhere. I did adjust the ve and ignition to account for the map sensor change. The whole thing ran terribly compared to the jun17b.

Rolled back to the June firmware I don't want to run this one until the misfire issue is sorted. It's a shame as I know a lot of work has gone into the code on this but sometimes unexplained things happen. :shock:
By noisymime
tbj wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:10 pm
Nice work. Fired my car up for the first time ever on speeduino using this, so it seems to work!

Just one comment: my MAP sensor has gone up from 94kpa to about 104. I was hoping it would increase to about 98-99 which it should be. As before it doesn't really matter as i can tune round it, just a comment :)
Nice work on starting it up! Always a good feeling feeling :)

Are you running with the onboard MAP sensor? If you are and you're 100% confident that 98-99 is correct, you can alter the calibration slightly to adjust this. Based on what you said you were on previously and what you're on now, try a minimal value of about 5 (rather than 10) in the MAP calibration screen.
By noisymime
Mrgeeky wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:03 pm
Map went from 98 kpa to 105 kpa. Using the one in the bom, bit more than two or three kpa. could be atmospheric above sea level? Not sure how far above I am but I live in a valley.
105 is certainly not unheard of, but that jump is a bit more than I'd seen. It's now much closer to the actual MPX4250 calibration, so it (at least in theory) should be much more accurate than it was. You can adjust the calibration back to the old readings by changing the 10 in the MAP calibration to a 0, that should effectively force the calculation back to what it was doing.
Using a 60-2 trigger wheel and wasted cop every 20 seconds or so the engine will blip and misfire for a split second makes for uncomfortable running and loss of power not good for boosted engines. old code doesn't do this so I don't know what's been changed in relation to that. Could be trigger related? I'm using weak filtering as a safeguard against interference.

I'll definitely look into this. Did you happen to grab a log of it running like this by any chance?
By Kelvinator
Found a slight issue with the cranking curve, the default values are on the piss

and when you add correct/test values it doesnt scale the table

Auto scale gets part of the way there, but doesnt change the X axis

It does work fine if you manually scale the min/max values for the table. Havent tried it in the car yet.
By noisymime
Kelvinator wrote:Found a slight issue with the cranking curve, the default values are on the piss
If you're upgrading, the cranking table should auto populate with the single value that you had previously....
What version were you coming from?

Could be worth others checking this to make sure it's not what is causing issues. The updater process should be taking care of it, but perhaps not if you've seen an issue.

With the autoscaling, it should be as simple as closing the window and opening it back up again after you've entered new values.
By noisymime
Kelvinator wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:32 pm
It does work fine if you manually scale the min/max values for the table. Havent tried it in the car yet.
Ohhh just saw this. Have you attached it to the arduino yet? On startup with the new firmware, it's the arduino that will automatically set the right values. If you haven't connected it yet, then you'll get the randomness you're seeing

1J and 1Q appear to be jumped at all times (with i[…]

Speeduino ECU compatibility

Speeduino works with any engine. You just need to[…]

Please read the wiki. It seems you don't understa[…]

VVT angle going backwards?

Pretty sure other than MX-5 trigger VVT is still W[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?