Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By PSIG
Awesome effort! If you still have the tune you used last with it (settings), and other spec's (resistor value, etc.) please edit your post with those so anyone looking to try again can pick it up without repeating stuff you've already done? I may also get my hands on on of those distributors and beat on it when I'm needing a break from other things. ;)

David
By PSIG
BTW - I don't know if you actually tried disconnecting outputs, and piped the cam signal into the crank input so you can log it? While seeing crank and cam would be nice; the crank signal appears to be fine and you just need to see the cam signal. Don't slap me if you've already tried it. A 'scope it's not, but use what you've got.
:?:
David
By stum
Hi PSIG,

No I did not, but I did think of it. After my last attempt I threw my toys out of the cot. had a little fit, some not so nice words and pulled the dizzy and duel wheel config out.

I modified my spare to be a 24-1 cam wheel. And put it in.

advantages so far.
- Starts every time on the money, no back fires.......
- Starts faster/easier/better

Not so good, but still early times.
- Has developed a miss. could be a plug, or lead. more investigation required
- wont rev past 6000RMP, where the old would pull to 7000rpm
- timing scatter. timing is scattered over 5-7 deg. where as with duel wheel it was with in 1-2

but as I have said early times, and I have made more than one change. and I have upgraded to latest firmware, and I normally find a got you in there every time I do upgrade. Just need to find it.

So at the moment. Duel wheel (when It got a goo sync) ran smoother, and had better timing accuracy - On Oct 17 Firmware.

24-1 Cam wheel - Starts better and always gets a good sync. to be continued

Cheers
By Daslayer
For the 8 channel sequential injection, speeduino could handle it in a couple ways but it might be better to handle it a different way, you could use two speeduinos as a simple method to get it to work or you probably have to modify the firmware and not just that but the power requirements to drive the injectors and other borrowers outputs might be another issue depending on the speeduino board you are using, or the alternative you could set up just an arduino basically any as long as it has enough pins (pwm) preferable but if cpu speed is the primary concern you could go with the teensy 4.1 or the due or several others with faster cpus, probably pwm pins are the way to go with controlling injector drivers but any pin if controlled with the right control algorithm would probably work and speed shouldn’t be an issue as the nop command or a clock cycle for the uno at 16 mhz is just 62.5 ns and doing some math 16000000 / 62.5 = 256000 clock cycles / most commands executed per second, if your engine revs to 20,000 rpm (f1 engines) that’s 166.6 power strokes per second times 8 for the 8 injectors and that’s 1333.3 injector pulses , so yeh any arduino can handle computationally driving the injectors with plenty power to spare, you can just get the same driver transistors from the speeduino and wire a perf board / soldered breadboard or shield or something like that wire up the 8 transistors for output and an input signal for when to fire each or the tach signal. The sketch would be something like this dude example
Global variable and constant whatever
void setup()
{
pinmodes for output
}
void loop()
{
Read analog or digital
Compare analog input to value or digital high /low
If not matching delay set amount
Else fire next injector at pulse width
}

Or have it setup as an interrupt or whatever you like / need.

Hope this helps

Had it running for a short period again. Same as […]

Ok, here is the first version of the adapter plate[…]

Ignition Angle doubled?

don't load your old tune in case it is corrupted[…]

Yes, totally wrong setting. Slight noise in TPS ca[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?