As a heads up, I plan a slightly quieter month throughout April on the firmware front. I will still be doing general maintenance, bug fixes etc, but probably not so much work on new features. The reason for this is that I want to spend a good chunk of time working through the documentation pages (https://speeduino.com/wiki/index.php) to try and:
1) Have at least something on every topic
2) Cover all of the most used pages with good detail, images etc
DIY Engine Management Systems live and die by their documentation and to date whilst Speeduino's documentation has been minimally OK, I would like to bring this up to a much more professional level. I've already begun restructuring a few things, so there are many placeholders there currently as indicators of what I will be adding.
If there is anything you find that you believe is important, but that doesn't already have even a blank page, then please drop a note in the forum and I will look at adding it.
Additionally, I am ALWAYS on the lookout for anyone who wants to help with documentation! If you have some time and knowledge to share, please do contact me and I can get you the required access!
As for the full feature list from March, here are the primary changes:
- Addition of closed loop stepper idle control. This comes with a fairly major rewrite of the whole stepper control system, affecting open loop as well. Hopefully this should be a big improvement for those who had been asking about stepper idles
- Add a bunch of extra info into logs (Eg boost duty, boost limiter indicator, idle load (Steps or duty cycle) etc)
- Add an option for a number of decoders (Eg dual wheel) to only sync once. Currently these decoders will resync every time they get a cam pulse, but this can be problematic on noisy cam signals.
- Initial Subaru 6/7 decoder. This has not yet been tested on a vehicle, so should be considered somewhat experimental
- Thanks to user dazq, there is now an outputs test dialog in Tuner Studio. This allows you to test board functionality and outputs (Ignition and injectors) without having a stim attached. It can be enabled through the project properties dialog.
- Some compatibility work for Teensy and stm32 (Code will now fully compile on stm32, though scheduler/timers are non-functional)
- Calibration for the VW/Audi/Porsche 250kPa MAP sensor added
- Fixed a bug on the On/Off idle control that could cause it to startup in the wrong state
- Improvements to syncing on the Audi 135 decoder
The firmware bundle can be downloaded from: http://speeduino.com/wiki/images/2/24/S ... _Mar17.zip
As usual, make sure to reload the latest ini into your TunerStudio project after upgrading the firmware