Just a brief note on upgrading, a few people have mentioned that they've experienced some weirdness during upgrades. To help avoid this, I recommend the following sequence of actions to upgrade.
- Make sure that TunerStudio is close or in Offline mode
- Connect Arduino and upload firmware through the Arduino IDE. Disconnect the Arduino
- Start TunerStudio and update the project ini
- Connect the Arduino. If Tuner Studio shows a Difference Report, typically load in the values from TS to the Arduino.
With that said, here's the list of the main changes in this firmware:
- All MAP based 3D tables can now accept kPa values up to 511 (Was 255)
- Flat or 'power' shift option has been added. When enabled, revs will be dynamically limited to whatever the RPM was at the time the clutch was depressed until it is released. Timing can also be set whilst flat shifting is active (Commence exhaust bangs!)
- Added manifold pressure gauges in PSI and inHg
- Ignition advance during launch can now be a negative value (ie ATDC)
- Boost and VVT control output pins can now be selected in TS
- rpmDOT calculation has been dramatically improved. Is now considerably more accurate and refreshes faster
- 2nd deriv crank angle prediction has been improved and enabled by default on most trigger patterns
- Fix for thermo fan hysteresis bug
- Tacho output is now more consistent in its pulses (Fixed pulse width)
The firmware can be downloaded from:
Direct: http://speeduino.com/wiki/images/2/20/S ... Jan17b.zip
UPDATE: A new version of this firmware was released on February 14th to address 2 bugs that were identified by users. These primarily affected boost control and MAP readings under some conditions.
As usual, remember to reload the latest ini into TunerStudio when upgrading to this firmware