Speeduino is now on Github Sponsors (Rather than Patreon): https://github.com/sponsors/noisymime
Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By noisymime
Their first firmware drop for 2017 is now available and comes with some big changes.

Just a brief note on upgrading, a few people have mentioned that they've experienced some weirdness during upgrades. To help avoid this, I recommend the following sequence of actions to upgrade.
  • Make sure that TunerStudio is close or in Offline mode
  • Connect Arduino and upload firmware through the Arduino IDE. Disconnect the Arduino
  • Start TunerStudio and update the project ini
  • Connect the Arduino. If Tuner Studio shows a Difference Report, typically load in the values from TS to the Arduino.
Hopefully following that sequence should prevent any issues.

With that said, here's the list of the main changes in this firmware:
  • All MAP based 3D tables can now accept kPa values up to 511 (Was 255)
  • Flat or 'power' shift option has been added. When enabled, revs will be dynamically limited to whatever the RPM was at the time the clutch was depressed until it is released. Timing can also be set whilst flat shifting is active (Commence exhaust bangs!)
  • Added manifold pressure gauges in PSI and inHg
  • Ignition advance during launch can now be a negative value (ie ATDC)
  • Boost and VVT control output pins can now be selected in TS
  • rpmDOT calculation has been dramatically improved. Is now considerably more accurate and refreshes faster
  • 2nd deriv crank angle prediction has been improved and enabled by default on most trigger patterns
  • Fix for thermo fan hysteresis bug
  • Tacho output is now more consistent in its pulses (Fixed pulse width)
For all the other developer types, there was also a whole heap of background work done that will allow for the firmware to compile under PlatformIO whilst retaining compatibility with the Arduino IDE. I expect the formal switch to take place for the Feb firmware drop (All the documentation needs updating etc).

The firmware can be downloaded from:
Direct: http://speeduino.com/wiki/images/2/20/S ... Jan17b.zip

UPDATE: A new version of this firmware was released on February 14th to address 2 bugs that were identified by users. These primarily affected boost control and MAP readings under some conditions.

As usual, remember to reload the latest ini into TunerStudio when upgrading to this firmware
By PSIG
Great stuff! I'm going to have fun using the more responsive RPMdot for sure. :D I don't want to grind on this, but I will make one last plea for defining the flat/power shift nomenclature. Using the term "flat" is not only confusing, but inaccurate. We all know what is meant by "flat shfit", as defined by other systems using it. It seems then, as this uses a different system, with different effects, that it should have a different designation. To wit:
  • There is bound to be confusion, as it is called "flat shift", when it is not. It can do flat-shift but can do more.
  • It has different (and potentially much better) effects than flat-shift, and the name should reflect that.
  • It is used in a different way than flat-shift in application, and is in-fact emulating variable-rpm power-shifting.
  • It is awesome sauce credit to you and Speeduino for this feature, and shouldn't be tucked-away like it isn't.
[EDIT] Forgot to add that it can be used as real-time variable launch control also.
Just IMHO. Speeduino's version will rock!
David
By evo_lucian
I have given it a few tries but even after following your directions I keep getting this error message during upload of the new firmware

Arduino: 1.6.8 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

Sketch uses 66,900 bytes (26%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253,952 bytes.
Global variables use 4,860 bytes (59%) of dynamic memory, leaving 3,332 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8,192 bytes.
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\\.\COM3": The system cannot find the file specified.

avrdude: ser_drain(): read error: The handle is invalid.

Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.
By berthfield
evo_lucian wrote:I have given it a few tries but even after following your directions I keep getting this error message during upload of the new firmware

Arduino: 1.6.8 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

Sketch uses 66,900 bytes (26%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253,952 bytes.
Global variables use 4,860 bytes (59%) of dynamic memory, leaving 3,332 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8,192 bytes.
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\\.\COM3": The system cannot find the file specified.

avrdude: ser_drain(): read error: The handle is invalid.

Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.
Sadly that error seems to not have anything to do with the actual firmware and is more likely a problem with communication between your computer/arduino software and the arduino board.

Do you have another computer you could try the upload from?
hello :)

The new firmware version of the January and December of the previous settings:

Engine constant - no possibilities selected in injector Layout> 3.Banked

Will it be possible to choose this option?
By evo_lucian
my car failed to start after Jan firmware update. like always I noticed this 10 minutes before I have to leave for work in the morning lol. I should have tested the car out when I updated the firmware the night before but oh well.... I whipped out the laptop and switched to December firmware and it started right up. It is more than likely nothing major. I will update this thread in the morning after I do some troubleshooting
By TDSA
Thanks for that - nicely done.

just the pin outs and wiring diagram for the V0.4.2 board i think is outstanding - as none of the features wire up or work..... :-(
By androidcho
TDSA wrote:Thanks for that - nicely done.

just the pin outs and wiring diagram for the V0.4.2 board i think is outstanding - as none of the features wire up or work..... :-(
To be honest, I've missed when this ULN2803 came out of the game, until you made your thread, but it's not cool.
Even if it being an OEM system, it will probably require more than just 40mA of current to drive the FP relay, or fan relay.

Congrats about the firmware. This month we've seen alot of small changes, some of which push the project a little more to the racing engine management. ;)
By evo_lucian
Ok so I came down with pneumonia last night so i have a few days to do some testing. I reloaded the January firmware and still no start. I get a loud bang from exhaust, my guess is the car hitting boost cut will cranking due to MAP hitting 488kpa but the logs still show 6 degrees cranking advance and 2.7ms fuel during cranking. I switched from Cycle average Map sample method to instantaneous and the car now runs on the new code. I double checked my map sensor calibration and trigger settings and all is intact.

log from cranking with no start
(32.75 KiB) Downloaded 101 times

1J and 1Q appear to be jumped at all times (with i[…]

Speeduino ECU compatibility

Speeduino works with any engine. You just need to[…]

Please read the wiki. It seems you don't understa[…]

VVT angle going backwards?

Pretty sure other than MX-5 trigger VVT is still W[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?