Speeduino is now on Github Sponsors (Rather than Patreon): https://github.com/sponsors/noisymime
Any general discussion around the firmware, what is does, how it does it etc.
By MichaelAxelrad
I need to start my VW Type 1 engine (aircraft) by hand cranking. It is equipped with a 35 & 1 coding wheel and four LS type ignition coils.

There are provisions for priming before cranking. My problem is to get a spark after approximately 90 degrees of revolution. (9 teeth before missing tooth)

The decoding code software is a little dense for me to effectively modify. If one could guide me through that, it would be a great help.

Alternatively during cranking I could use accessory hardware to fire the pairs of cylinders at the appropriate angle (TDC 1&3 4&2)- then disable the circuit when running.

Your help and opinions will be greatly appreciated.

michael
By LAV1000
Michael,
I read airplane engine, if you stil use it to fly make sure you have a backup system in case the speeduino fails !!!

35&1 can you explain more about this ?
The way I understand it, it has 35 crankteeth and an additional teeth signal from camshaft or distrubitor.

Ignition after 90 dergrees revolution ?
Most engines need a spark around TDC.
If you need this to prevend kickback from propellor, then ther are other possibilities.
In Tuner Studio you can set a starting ignition timing.
This way ignition is retarted at starting ( hand cranking) and gets to its normal settings when running.
By JHolland
Are you saying that you want the engine to fire within the first 90 cam degrees? a 35+1 will always have to pass the missing tooth before it will synchronize, I would think that you would need a cam sensor, something like a Denso optical sensor where you can measure the length of the slot to determine which cylinder you are on.

Ensure you have hardware test turned off.

Simulator

Just following up a little. Is there a "Spee[…]

So I saw this before but I couldn't find any forum[…]

The factory-equivalent table is only to get you st[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?