For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By HugoW
theonewithin wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:40 am
HugoW wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:09 am I would like to see the Miata triggers available separately in the settings. So you can chose the regular weird 3-tooth cam pattern, and run a 36-1 on the crank for better resolution. As far as I am aware, running the Miata cam can now only be done with the stock 4-tooth crank trigger.

Thanks,

Hugo
I don't quite understand exactly what you want here?

Is the 36-1 an addon?

If you are going to that much effort it is simple to remove a couple of teeth from the cam to get a cam signal supported.
Thanks for the answer and sorry for the full quote, but we're on the next page. Actually, removing teeth from the cam is not an easy task, especially on the VVT engine I have (2001-2005). You need to fully remove the cam from the head, which is allways a task but do-able. Then you need to grind off two of the three teeth to make a single teeth cam. But those teeth are really big and on a crimped on ring:
Any heat into that ring will loosen it and you have a problem. The only way to do it safe is on a fluid cooled grinding machine, like the ones used to grid cams, which I don't have in my shed. And since the cam is already a known entity in Speeduino as it is half of the Mazda 99-05 trigger pattern, I hope it can be made available in the secondary trigger section when I choose a 36-1 as main (crank) trigger. There is a Mazda 323 36-01 trigger wheel available from the dealer for 22 bucks that is a direct bolt on replacement for the Miata one, it's an easy swap.
Trigger options 1.PNG
Trigger options 1.PNG (37.19 KiB) Viewed 6544 times
Trigger options 2.PNG
Trigger options 2.PNG (38.92 KiB) Viewed 6544 times
Cheers,

Hugo
By Jama
theonewithin wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:04 am Just use the 36-1 and paired/wasted.

Basically no benefit from sequential anyway
The benefit on this engine is the ability to drive the VVT in closed loop.
I've had people ask me about doing the same, as the 36-1 or 36-2 is a common mod on the later MX5 engines.

Being able to have the better accuracy of the 36 tooth, and closed loop VVT makes for a nice setup.
I'd be happy to see this option added as well.
By Rocket
I have a little bit unusual trigger pattern. At first look it is 60-2, but its not , its like 57+2-2 ? It is from Renault clio rs 2l 16V . Is this difficult pattern to add?
Attachments
reno rs 2l-16v2.jpg
reno rs 2l-16v2.jpg (282.25 KiB) Viewed 6473 times
Last edited by Rocket on Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By PSIG
The Renault 60-2 is running for others, and there are several threads. 8-) Do a search for Renault or Clio or add 60-2 to them or something.
By rallikuski
Rocket wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:31 am I have a little bit unusual trigger pattern. At first look it is 60-2, but its not , its like 57+2-2 ? It is from Renault clio rs 2l 16V . Is this difficult pattern to add?
If you dont want buy correct 60-x flywheel or there is no other flywheels you can make that work.
That wheel has 60-1+1 pattern and you can modify it to 60-1 or 60-2 pattern.
By PSIG
Please, search for previous info as I suggested. I will repeat some info here to get you started.

Speeduino only reads one edge (selectable rising or falling). While the tooth pattern is at-first confusing, the effect of what the ECM sees is what's important. Look at only rising or falling edges in the pattern. In the image below, you can see the relative and proper missing teeth equivalent (pink line spacing versus yellow line spacing), using only one set of edges:

Renault_60-2_pattern_single-edge_reading.png
Renault_60-2_pattern_single-edge_reading.png (723.69 KiB) Viewed 6391 times
If using a VR sensor, the edges in the image would be rising edges if the teeth moved (relatively) to the right, or falling edges if they moved to the left.
By Rocket
PSIG wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:13 pm Please, search for previous info as I suggested. I will repeat some info here to get you started.

Speeduino only reads one edge (selectable rising or falling). While the tooth pattern is at-first confusing, the effect of what the ECM sees is what's important. Look at only rising or falling edges in the pattern. In the image below, you can see the relative and proper missing teeth equivalent (pink line spacing versus yellow line spacing), using only one set of edges:

Renault_60-2_pattern_single-edge_reading.png

If using a VR sensor, the edges in the image would be rising edges if the teeth moved (relatively) to the right, or falling edges if they moved to the left.
Yes, I found few topics about people bench testing successfully this solution, but not in running car, but it should work ok. Thank You.
By Rocket
rallikuski wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:38 am
Rocket wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:31 am I have a little bit unusual trigger pattern. At first look it is 60-2, but its not , its like 57+2-2 ? It is from Renault clio rs 2l 16V . Is this difficult pattern to add?
If you dont want buy correct 60-x flywheel or there is no other flywheels you can make that work.
That wheel has 60-1+1 pattern and you can modify it to 60-1 or 60-2 pattern.
Modifying to regular 60-2 quote easy, but it effect flywheel balance, firs I will try PSIG solution.

Thanks for that I'll give it a go tomorrow D

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

Picture of the Cheery Hall Effect sensor: Cherry[…]

Thanks for guiding me, I've been busy these past f[…]

Today I was with the car again looking for what co[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?