For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
Ah, I see, I keep thinking it terms of sequential for my engine and 6 cylinders vs what the controller is made to do and its outputs. Even after going through all of the initial setup documentation that never clicked to me. Thanks for pointing it out :D.
By pazi88
Fera wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:06 pm bosch VVT or Vanos camshaft 4 tooth

Working on that. The problem mainly is that there are MANY versions that look almost the same, but have slightly different angles. Doesn't really affect sequential sync, but matters if you want to update VVT angle from all possible points. Haven't really decided how to solve that.
By Fera
pazi88 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:15 pm
Fera wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:06 pm bosch VVT or Vanos camshaft 4 tooth

Working on that. The problem mainly is that there are MANY versions that look almost the same, but have slightly different angles. Doesn't really affect sequential sync, but matters if you want to update VVT angle from all possible points. Haven't really decided how to solve that.
great thanks. I'm about to run a vw 07k engine 5 cylinder,,
I have tested the synchronization and it works perfectly. But it affects the vvt angle when activating the close loop. so i should use it in open loop for now
i am using arduino mega. I need a more powerful processor. which one do you recommend?
I have only used mega
By GolGT86
Hey guys, i working in my brazilian Dodge Polara, and they use a Bosch Hall Distributor with Magnetti Marelli 1AVP hall shutter wheel. The difference is in the size of tooths, in bosch we have 4 equal tooths, and 1AVP, we have a 1 big tooth, so you can make a sequencial injection using a basic distributor. My question is, how i can make the speed work full sequencial with that distributor? Because, 1AVP, is a ECU that works completely sequentially, just using the distributor, after all, the distributor plays the role of sequential ignition, just needing to inform the phase signal for the injection through it.

This text i took in 1AVP manual:
This sensor, which is part of the ignition distributor itself, sends signals to the
command to calculate the engine speed and identify the position of the first cylinder to synchronize the
sequential injection and detonation control individually per cylinder. It is composed of a magnet
permanent, Hall integrated circuit and a metallic rotor with four windows, fixed directly to the tree
from the distributor.
The Hall sensor is powered directly by the 1 AVB system control unit and, its
operation is based on the emission of negative signals that generate, internally in the unit, a
12V voltage.
When the metallic rotor opening is between the permanent magnet and the sensor, the magnetic field
of the magnet can reach the sensor. In this condition, the negative signal1 produced, generates in the unit a
12V potential difference. When the sensor is covered by the metal rotor, the field
magnet does not reach the sensor. In this condition the generated signal is 0V.
To calculate the engine speed, the control unit counts the time of the
variation between 0 and 12V. With this time, she manages to know the frequency and, consequently, the
Engine rotation.
The identification of the first cylinder is made by means of a larger window of the metallic rotor. this window,
when exposed to the Hall sensor, corresponds to 72° APMS on the crankshaft (before neutral
top) while the windows of the other cylinders, when exposed, also correspond to 72°
APMS, however, its exposure ends after 66°, with 6° remaining for the piston to reach the
PMS since its windows are smaller.
With this variation, the control unit also obtains information about the angular position of the
crankshaft.
The window corresponding to the TDC position (top dead center) in the combustion phase of the
first cylinder, is 6° larger than the windows of the other cylinders. In this way, the Hall signal is generated
when detecting the opening of the metallic rotor windows taking place 72° before TDC in all
cylinders.
On cylinders 3, 4 and 2, when the Hall signal is interrupted, there are 6° to go before these cylinders
enter PMS.
By chris900f
Hello, I'm in the process of doing a conversion on a Suzuki GS500F motorcycle. I'm building a NO2C with a signal conditioner and I was wondering if the stock rotor can be coded.

*disregard the inch measurements between the pointers--the black numbers refer to # of degrees of the gaps ie 50
followed by a 10 degree tooth or 45 followed by a 15 degree tooth, to always equal 60 between falling edges.

The engine is a 180 degree, 487cc parallel twin. The ignition is wasted spark, the bike has carbs with a TPS(5v) and ECU to modify ignition timing. The description in the manual refers to a "vibrating crystal" as part of the ECU's ignition timing circuit. Sounds analogue to me.

The rotation is clockwise, the R.T and double line markings after the big tooth indicate TDC on Cyl#2, the L.T mark opposite is for Cyl#1. Every falling edge occurs 60 degrees apart. The 2 small teeth are 10degrees wide, the 3 medium teeth are 15 degrees, and the big tooth is 40 wide.

I'll get a tooth log soon, just wondering if there is a decent chance of getting this to work before I get too far into my project. If I can do the ignition, then I can continue to use the stock tuned carbs while I get the ignition sorted and install the fuel system (already built) as a 2nd stage.

Thanks for reading.

Chris

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?