For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
dazq wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:47 am
PervertAngelMarc wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:42 pm I want to see the "create new post" button so I can ask wtf the default pin mapping is, because I'm not using a kit board and I also get all gauges moving when I wire up a potentiometer to only one pin. Yeah, the other pins are obviously floating, but moving the pot changes all the sensor gauges.
Should have been simple, connect pot to each ADC pin, see what gauge moves, write it down for later.
Edit: since I apparently can't directly post a video. A0-A4 do the same https://www.facebook.com/marc.wolfe.568 ... 534991310/
The board type and it's default pins list is in the firmware. If you are using a self made or custom board you will have to choose a board within TS and edit the pinnout in the firmware if it is not suitable for you. Then reinstall the changed firmware.
The board I'm using is the arduino itself. No pre-made shield, no custom board, nothing. The only add-ons will be the necessary mosfet drivers and pull-up resistors, etc. My primary problem isn't finding the right pinout for what board I'm using, but apparent crosstalk on the pins because of some problem with software or firmware. I could use "any" firmware and wire up what I add accordingly. I'm sticking with 0-5 volt sensors as much as possible to reduce what needs added. I also don't see anything in tuner studio for editing sensor pins, only auxillary add-ons. Or is that a step I never heard of, needing to specify which in tuner studio?
PervertAngelMarc wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:08 am
jonbill wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 8:55 am
PervertAngelMarc wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:42 pm I want to see the "create new post" button so I can ask wtf the default pin mapping is
I think you might be looking for the + new topic button.
Screenshot_20210530-095445.png
Haven't seen that either. I'm on a PC BTW, not mobile.
I see now I have to go to a category. Other forums I frequent let me start on home page and do a search for categories to post it in.
By dazq
PervertAngelMarc wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:14 am
PervertAngelMarc wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 11:42 pm I want to see the "create new post" button so I can ask wtf the default pin mapping is, because I'm not using a kit board and I also get all gauges moving when I wire up a potentiometer to only one pin. Yeah, the other pins are obviously floating, but moving the pot changes all the sensor gauges.
Should have been simple, connect pot to each ADC pin, see what gauge moves, write it down for later.
Edit: since I apparently can't directly post a video. A0-A4 do the same https://www.facebook.com/marc.wolfe.568 ... 534991310/
The board type and it's default pins list is in the firmware. If you are using a self made or custom board you will have to choose a board within TS and edit the pinnout in the firmware if it is not suitable for you. Then reinstall the changed firmware.
The board I'm using is the arduino itself. No pre-made shield, no custom board, nothing. The only add-ons will be the necessary mosfet drivers and pull-up resistors, etc. My primary problem isn't finding the right pinout for what board I'm using, but apparent crosstalk on the pins because of some problem with software or firmware. I could use "any" firmware and wire up what I add accordingly. I'm sticking with 0-5 volt sensors as much as possible to reduce what needs added. I also don't see anything in tuner studio for editing sensor pins, only auxillary add-ons. Or is that a step I never heard of, needing to specify which in tuner studio?
I know you are not using a board , but depending on what board type is selected will depend on which pin is assigned to what function!
This is defined in the firmware. There is only one firmware , that is configured by TS.

Some pins cannot be changed in TS, they are set according to the board type in the firmware.

The "crosstalk" is a standard feature of MCU. They don't like floating inputs! You should never directly tie a pin to 0 or +ve, but use a 1 - 10k resistor in series to the power rail.this saves your MCU if the pin tries to switch on as an output, otherwise it will burn out!
dazq wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:42 am
PervertAngelMarc wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:14 am

I know you are not using a board , but depending on what board type is selected will depend on which pin is assigned to what function!
This is defined in the firmware. There is only one firmware , that is configured by TS.

Some pins cannot be changed in TS, they are set according to the board type in the firmware.

The "crosstalk" is a standard feature of MCU. They don't like floating inputs! You should never directly tie a pin to 0 or +ve, but use a 1 - 10k resistor in series to the power rail.this saves your MCU if the pin tries to switch on as an output, otherwise it will burn out!
Only my 3rd time messing with a micro controller. First was copy paste software for a custom keyboard; second was lightly altered for a MIDI controller and I didn't have the cross talk problem with that. Noted on the resistors, probably what killed a pin on my Teensy 2.
Torslund wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:36 am On distributor trig I would like to have adjustable setting of how many pulse is count as rpm trig.
I believe this combonation of settings is what you'd want for that. Change the tooth count to what you have.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (202.69 KiB) Viewed 5555 times
By Torslund
I will look on that tomorrow. I have 12 pulse/engine cycle and that makes RPM reading 3 times higher when TS is set 4 cylinder. Need to divide with 3 so RPM reading is what it should be for a 4 cylinder engine. Star wheel in distributor controls spark so it can't be modified. I need fuel only.
MAP LOOKUP & TS DEFINITIONS

See how the write commands use the identifiers to […]

Ok, I feel so stupid. I was running the Uno output[…]

Let's all have a laugh for second. There's trash[…]

It has been done more than a few times, there was […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?