For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By LeeTaylor
Would be great to see adjustments for prime pulsewidth by ethanol content, or after start enrichment by ethanol content. Cold weather makes starting first time on E85 difficult. I have regular unleaded dialled in but below 15 deg celcius or so we need a lot more ethanol to fire up cold.
By wilkinsonwilfrid
The installation of a block heater within the engine compartment is an additional alternative to think about. When used in cold weather, this gadget can assist warm up the fuel system and engine, making starting easier. If you live in a colder climate, you may find block warmers at any store that sells car parts or even online.
By herringburden
wilkinsonwilfrid wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:19 am The installation of a block heater within the engine compartment is an additional alternative to think about. When used in cold weather, this gadget can assist warm up the fuel system and engine, making starting easier. If you live in a colder climate, you may find block warmers at any store that sells car parts or even online.doodle jump
Can you tell me how much it costs to install a heater in the car?
By PSIG
Something worth looking into is intake air heaters. A couple of my vehicles have them. They are located near the throttle body, to heat incoming air for better vaporization in cold weather. On many newer cars and small diesels, some under $100, or less at wrecking yards. Just an idea for ethanol.

By LeeTaylor
A block or intake heater would be massive overkill for me, I live in Australia and temperatures where I am at the absolute extreme only get down to 0 deg C. I don't think any vehicle in Australia would ever even have anything like this.

It is more fuel I need to fire up when cold on E85: I've tried RusellE46's fork which blends fuel & ignition tables for flex fuel and also adds secondary tables for priming, cranking and ASE and found it worked beautifully being able to add massive pulse on E85 and set cranking fuel to something stupid like 1000% which gets it fired up almost instantly. My other car likes 1400% cranking enrichment on E85 at 10 degrees celcius and below :lol:

RussellE46's custom fork kills operation of my VVT though making it do weird things, so I'm back on master for now and just regular unleaded fuel. Also need some sort of added fueling on high ethanol blends for acceleration enrichment, 255% accel enrichment is nowhere near enough when cold on E85, and a secondary AE table would be nice for using with flex fuel.
By PSIG
Not a solution, but I found time is a big help with cold starts that I had a chance to test last year. When under 50F/10C I would key-on and wait for a count of 5, and if under freezing a count of 7. This pause allowed some slow vaporization time and would provide instant firing on cranking sync. Something similar might be useful until you find your best solution. <shrug>
By LeeTaylor
Yep I did notice this as well, I'd wait for 5 seconds after the priming pulse and it would vaporise slightly and start easier.

RusselE46s fork with separate cranking pulse and ASE and blending between tables rather than table switching and the regular percentage adder in the standard flex settings works very well.

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?