For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By PSIG
It would be refreshing to see an update to the TPS AE, so good luck with that. So far, my workaround has been to use the method originally used in 1980s TBI setups, simply enriching the cells immediately above idle. This is an area of the tables the engine never goes except during startup transition and tip-in acceleration, and so it's relatively safe to add odd changes in that area. If you set warm idle a bit on the lean side of peak efficiency, it can also help in idle recovery as MAP increases with rpm drop towards stall.
By iltheo84
PSIG wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:37 pm It would be refreshing to see an update to the TPS AE, so good luck with that. So far, my workaround has been to use the method originally used in 1980s TBI setups, simply enriching the cells immediately above idle. This is an area of the tables the engine never goes except during startup transition and tip-in acceleration, and so it's relatively safe to add odd changes in that area. If you set warm idle a bit on the lean side of peak efficiency, it can also help in idle recovery as MAP increases with rpm drop towards stall.
That method greatly helped me when I was still setting up a "base" VE table, preventing my engine from leaning out and stalling when revving from idle ;)

My tests showed that the removal of the hardcoded filter was the most effective firmware mod, the Tip-In Adder was not really needed now that Speeduino was able to detect and react to smaller throttle movements.

The current master branch with the configurable filter is already a great improvement, at least for engines like mine that are very sensitive to small throttle openings.

Unrelated question: if I select the master firmware in SpeedyLoader, does it load the current master branch in my Speeduino without the need to download and compile the code? :?
By JHolland
PSIG wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:37 pm It would be refreshing to see an update to the TPS AE, so good luck with that. So far, my workaround has been to use the method originally used in 1980s TBI setups, simply enriching the cells immediately above idle. This is an area of the tables the engine never goes except during startup transition and tip-in acceleration, and so it's relatively safe to add odd changes in that area. If you set warm idle a bit on the lean side of peak efficiency, it can also help in idle recovery as MAP increases with rpm drop towards stall.
I've seen this method on one Denso ECU from the mid-90s but it uses separate idle tables, are you using just the one table for VE?
By PSIG
PeterJones wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:25 am psig - This one? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ItkpVofKLw
Great, thanks! Not the same as others I've seen, but a similar basic message. A more technical version of similar principles is given by Andy Wyatt here.
JHolland wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:43 amI've seen this method on one Denso ECU from the mid-90s but it uses separate idle tables, are you using just the one table for VE?
Like most things… it depends. But in the majority of basic setups, the primary tables are enough to get usable results. If that's not enough to get you there, multiple tables, blending, etc, (replacement for MAP or TPS prediction) are usable if required or desired, such as one method Mykk recently described here. Empirical tuning from similar approaches by Andy Whittle using MegaLogViewer data plots is here.

Off-topic but related: This often brings the point that Speeduino (or whatever brand) doesn't have certain functions or capabilities, and so is inferior or not usable, or similar comment. I won't say those comments are entirely wrong, by my personal challenge is to find ways to use what is available to get the job done as well as possible. This often results in much better function and performance than one might anticipate. It's sort-of like being given a rock and a stick, and figuring-out how to accomplish a task using only those tools. While using a different system may be easier to click for results, approaching problems from this perspective provides much better clarity to the best real-world solutions or feature improvements, and why.

Conversely, I've said many times over the years that Speeduino does not require lots of functions, but to be most successful it should do what it does really well. This highlights some areas that need notable improvement, and I'm happy to see the intermittent corrections or changes :D but some of it needs more attention for Speeduino to hit next-level. Popularity is based on perceived value, value is based on successful outcomes, and outcomes are based on clear and effective function. Speeduino is quite popular based on cost, but next-level needs a full system-wide functional review to reach next-level. Through the forums and users, we have accumulated the knowledge and data for developers to get there! 8-)
By iltheo84
iltheo84 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:34 am Unrelated question: if I select the master firmware in SpeedyLoader, does it load the current master branch in my Speeduino without the need to download and compile the code? :?
Replying to my own question: yes it does :lol:
I can now fully configure TPS AE with the "official" firmware

I've been away from playing cars for a few weeks, […]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wo[…]

I uploaded logs and last tune and dyno plots look[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?