For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By Caeden
In the latest firmware we do have few Switch Conditions which are RPM, MAP, TPS and ETH%. Is there any posibility to add another switch condition by VVT On?
Last edited by Caeden on Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
If not using FlexFuel functions, perhaps you could re-purpose FlexFuel with VVT signal input to it, as a trigger for your table switch? A local input and programmable output could be used, but I'm thinking simpler is better. I have not tried inputting a different signal onto FF as a trigger for another function, so you would be the test mule. :lol:

The labels used on different pins and functions tend to limit options for the human brain. If FlexFuel or ETH% was called Input8 instead, then we could more easily envision use for anything within the parameters of that function. Strip the labels and see what you can use. Good luck!
I knew there are few work around by wiring setup. I knew I can use the "Switched - Input Based" too.

Below are additioanl ELSE statement I added in the secondaryTables code. I'm wonder it can be just simple like this.

else if(configPage10.fuel2Mode == FUEL2_MODE_CONDITIONAL_SWITCH )
{
if(configPage10.fuel2SwitchVariable == FUEL2_CONDITION_RPM)
{
if(currentStatus.RPM > configPage10.fuel2SwitchValue)
{
BIT_SET(currentStatus.status3, BIT_STATUS3_FUEL2_ACTIVE); //Set the bit indicating that the 2nd fuel table is in use.
currentStatus.VE2 = getVE2();
currentStatus.VE = currentStatus.VE2;
}
}
else if(configPage10.fuel2SwitchVariable == FUEL2_CONDITION_MAP)
{
if(currentStatus.MAP > configPage10.fuel2SwitchValue)
{
BIT_SET(currentStatus.status3, BIT_STATUS3_FUEL2_ACTIVE); //Set the bit indicating that the 2nd fuel table is in use.
}
}
else if(configPage10.fuel2SwitchVariable == FUEL2_CONDITION_TPS)
{
if(currentStatus.TPS > configPage10.fuel2SwitchValue)
{
}
}
else if(configPage10.fuel2SwitchVariable == FUEL2_CONDITION_ETH)
{
if(currentStatus.ethanolPct > configPage10.fuel2SwitchValue)
{
}
}
else if(configPage10.fuel2SwitchVariable == FUEL2_CONDITION_VVT)
{
if(currentStatus.vvt1Duty > 0 || currentStatus.vvt2Duty > 0)
{
}
}
}

If just an ELSE statement can settle the second map trigger function, why we need to remove the vehicle floor carpet or dashboard to take out the ECU and re-wire the VVT output to ECU Input to do the second map trigger. Anyway, it's my little opinion. If add the ELSE statement more complicated than re-wire just ignore my request. Thnak you.
PSIG wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:17 pm If not using FlexFuel functions, perhaps you could re-purpose FlexFuel with VVT signal input to it, as a trigger for your table switch? A local input and programmable output could be used, but I'm thinking simpler is better. I have not tried inputting a different signal onto FF as a trigger for another function, so you would be the test mule. :lol:

The labels used on different pins and functions tend to limit options for the human brain. If FlexFuel or ETH% was called Input8 instead, then we could more easily envision use for anything within the parameters of that function. Strip the labels and see what you can use. Good luck!
If use different input pin as trigger for the second table. Why the "Switched - Conditions - RPM" available ? We can use a programable output to set RPM > 4000 and wire this output to one of the input pin and use "Switched - Input Based".

I don't mean your idea not work but software and programming are making human life easier. One dropdown option can trigger the map why we choose the > 30 minutes wiring job option.
The short answer is that the 30 minutes lifting the carpet and changing the wiring is much quicker than developing the software change and getting it released.
You're obviously free to make your own custom firmware build with the change you propose and see if it works for you as a first step.
Myself, I think the OP and David (@psig) may be onto something here. However perhaps expand it some. :)

My 2 cylinders worth is dependent on how 'Programmable Outputs' work. If I understand it correctly (and I've not used it), PO can set a pin condition, If the 2nd tables could be turned on or off, based on a pin condition, then you have added the flexibility of PO to engage/disengage the 2nd tables at run time.

Edit

Well .... that's me embarrassed! looks like its already there!!!! :D
I don't want to mess up with the speeduino.ini and I will replace the ETH code to VVT on as below

else if(configPage10.fuel2SwitchVariable == FUEL2_CONDITION_ETH)
{
if(currentStatus.vvt1Duty > 0 || currentStatus.vvt2Duty > 0)
{
BIT_SET(currentStatus.status3, BIT_STATUS3_FUEL2_ACTIVE);
}
}
LPG2CV wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:33 am Myself, I think the OP and David (@psig) may be onto something here. However perhaps expand it some. :)

My 2 cylinders worth is dependent on how 'Programmable Outputs' work. If I understand it correctly (and I've not used it), PO can set a pin condition, If the 2nd tables could be turned on or off, based on a pin condition, then you have added the flexibility of PO to engage/disengage the 2nd tables at run time.

Edit

Well .... that's me embarrassed! looks like its already there!!!! :D
If the secondTable switch condition can depend on any output pin active or in-active without tapping the output wire to input pin to trigger the secondTable. This will be the most flexible solutions. But seem like this feature much more complex and not sure do-able or not.
if you were to post your tune (msq) then we could easily see what settings you have and perhaps give better advise.

Though, I am unsure why you need the 2nd table to activate when VVT activates. I would have thought that VVT's effect on VE would be tuned into the first table.

nice first of all, i read all that crap months a[…]

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Thanks, car runs great now !!! Going to drift even[…]

sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?