For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By choyr
4age_zuk wrote:I'm planning on doing a 4age black top swap and it has this trigger setup it would be nice to see support for it, any updates?
im currently running my 4age bt using 24-1
By choyr
stum wrote:I have to agree with theonewithin

Sorry I don't do Facebook or messenger. Anyway all this info will hopefully help the next person.

Every time i remove the dizzy or swap engines OR when its not sounding 100% that is the first thing I do. in TS. set the ignition to fixed 10 deg.

And then the check the timing and adjust the offset as as necessary. it can change by 5-10 deg easily. And depending on what tooth you have removed, it could be anywhere.

I think Mine is wired

NE - VR1 - & VR2 -
G - VR1 +
G1 and G2 not connected.

Rising edge

Speeduino VR conditioner.

Toothed log can take a bit to show up. mine normally takes 15-20 seconds before the pretty lines show. (i have never timed it but takes a while)

Set the timing and have another go. And don't forget to set it back to normal. I ran my truck last weekend at fixed 10 deg. not a smart move. but ran all day. Ooops.

Once you have it running at fixed 10 deg, have another look at timing. When I last used that decoder (18+ months ago) it was scattering by about 10 deg (on my install). But the god's (noisymime and team) may have sorted it

I then went to 12-1 crank by removing a second tooth. steady as a rock (for me)

The thing that blows me away every time I have a problem, is how far out things can be and it will still run.
Timing out by 40+ deg. motor runs. not well but runs
One bank of cylinders 360 deg cam timing out. engine ran on 3. but ran.

Sounds like you are close. good luck.
it's the same as NE to VR2+, and G to VR2- and using falling edge.
By 4age_zuk
choyr wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:51 am
4age_zuk wrote:I'm planning on doing a 4age black top swap and it has this trigger setup it would be nice to see support for it, any updates?
im currently running my 4age bt using 24-1
I've read there is timing scattering at high rpm with this specific setup any issues with stability? I would be interested on your exact wiring too
By Damouk
I'm jumping in this thread, I'm working on a 2jz-ge which has the same trigger pattern and pickup. My findings are pretty much the same as everyone else.

Originally as standard it wouldn't sync at all. So ground a tooth off. It then fired up but timing was all over the place. Unable to reliably get the trigger ofset with the lamp. When it was 'good' timing would jump between +5 0 and -5degs at cam speed. Most of the time its 90 out. It does seem to jump to defined positions as opposed to random timing.

I briefly changed to crank speed (for timing purposes) and it seemed to be rock solid. (Although I didn't follow that up). I haven't switched off new ignition mode yet. My immediate thought was it may be calculating based on crank speed?

Currently I have g1+2 disconnected at the dizzy and the vr conditioner output for vr2 grounded. Although I don't think this has made any difference.

I'm also a bit confused as the tooth I removed was the one before 1tdc yet the best ofset I've found is -75.
By stum
If you are triggering off the dizzy with only one tooth removed it has to be at cam speed 24-1 trigger. It will work at crank (I have done this previously but is not correct) I think it is the trigger being nice to us and only snyc'n every second engine RPM.

My best (and current setting) is with the dizzy. 2 teeth removed 12 teeth apart at crank speed. set to 12-1 trigger. making it look like a single 12-1 crank trigger when it is a 12-1 + 12-1 cam (at 1/2 crank speed).

But your findings are in line with my experiences. Hope this helps If you look up my 3vz-fe topic you will see pictures and my journey.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1465&hilit=3vz+fe

Enjoy
By choyr
I have managed to use the orig distributor without modification, but needs some modification to the code. I already discussed this with Josh, and also thinking of how to do it myself.
By Damouk
Sounds interesting keep us posted.

We spent some time on the car again tonight. Lots of combinations and settings tried but made little difference.

The main improvement was seen after removing the cam posts from the pickup, seen below. However that was with the king lead removed. When reconnected short tooth times were seen.

What se did find though was almost a tooths worth of slack in the dizzy gear...

So for the immediate future the plan is to go COP and fit a 36-1 on the crank pully.
Attachments
20211020_190811_resized.jpg
20211020_190811_resized.jpg (1.64 MiB) Viewed 4376 times
By stum
Before you try a 36-1. modify your current 24 dizzy gear so it has 11 teeth, 1 missing, 11 teeth, 1 missing.

You currently have modified it to a 24-1, ie 23 teeth one missing. Which i can see from the picture.

Set your trigger to crank speed
Pattern to 12-1

And have a test. it will probably solve all your problems. That is the only change I have made to my 24+2 toyota dizzy. The other two sync teeth are still there, and pickups, no grounding or anything else......

Stable less then 0.5 deg of ign gitter (less than I can see)

But your call, Keep having fun.

It looks like you have a fuel supply issue. readin[…]

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?