For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By stum
My only experience with ign logger has been to show the main wheel.

When I was running the duel wheel, 12/1 I got a nice pattern, and could never see the cam reset pulse.

Now with the 24-1 cam I get 23 small pulses and 1 big. as above,

I would expect with a 12-1 crank (ie 24 cam with a missing tooth on each side) you would get 11 small then 1 big.

That's my experience so far.
By PSIG
Speeduino only shows one channel (RPM1/VR1) so far. I heard on Slack that @noisymime is or will be working on more as a composite logger. Previous discussions included the possibility of a built-in oscilloscope, though the likelihood of that is not known to me. Of course, a cheap 'scope (useful for many other EFI purposes) is also an option. 1-channel for $20-$50 and 2-channel typically for $50-$100. More for more. ;) There are many options.

David

Digital analyzers are under $10 and can read digital signals for analysis (some images are in tooth-wheel sections of the Wiki). I also throw this little DS202 2-ch rechargeable unit into my tool bag for work right on the car for about $80:
By choyr
PSIG,
so that's why we cant see a second signal from the composite logger. Pic is from MS with the same distributor
Attachments
composite logger 4age.jpg
composite logger 4age.jpg (145.37 KiB) Viewed 6734 times
By stum
Hi,

Missing tooth crank - batch fire only

Missing tooth cam - sequential - Speedy can do this. Only remove 1 tooth from the 24 wheel. Earth G1, and G2. and away it goes.

That is how Im running my V6 at the moment. chasing a few small niggles. A bit of ign scatter. which im getting a scope to try to fid out where its coming from.

But starts and runs sweet.
By PSIG
@choyr - to get a log of your cam signal, you can do a cranking-only test with cam connected to you crank input. Of course, you will only be able to see the cam signal, but it may answer some questions if there is a signal issue. I would disconnect ignition and fuel pump power for these or other no-run tests.

David
By choyr
so I had time checking the ignition logger of my distributor. first picture is the NE to VR1+, G2 to VR2+, G1 to VR2-, G- to VR1- and VR2-.

trigger settings are leading, leading, weak

second picture, i put the VR1+ to G2 to show the cam signal, since I still dont have a 2 channel oscilloscope.

I bought another distributor. How do I decide which tooth to remove that speeduino can read? is it now allowed to remove the tooth at TDC? I read the manual for megasquirt regarding how to setup the missing tooth but its different with speeduino
Attachments
NE to VR1+
NE to VR1+
ignition logger NE.png (114.2 KiB) Viewed 6676 times
G2 to VR1+
G2 to VR1+
ignition logger G2 default.png (126.79 KiB) Viewed 6676 times
By PSIG
The crank signal looks great. I would switch your cam signal to Trailing and take another log to see changes. I see a lot of double-lines, indicating a possible reversed signal. While there are exceptions (like your crank signal), most VR setups will use a Trailing setting to avoid odd zero-crossing signals. that cam wheel has a special shape that may be affecting best setting.

David

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?