For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By PiotrCurious
Hi.
Many commercial ECU's , f.e. Bosh Motronic have "AI" built in , wchich is basically simple pre-trained model able to detect change in input parameters and switch map to one fitting the trained model.
See https://eloquentarduino.github.io/2020/ ... -your-mcu/ to get some idea of example implementation.
Speeduino gets loads of multidimensional vector data, basic one is lambda response and saturation time vs. AFR setting computed out of MAP sensor , throttle position etc.
This obviously changes with air temp, humidity , pressure and so on, and normally Motronic detects that using similiar (though much older and simpler) "neural network" model, and them just switches map , interpolating basing on confidence rate.

This expands code size slightly, as one needs more maps for boundary/special conditions, but gives loads of cool features , like ability to detect and run with failed sensors (using failsafe maps) and thus bringing speeduino more close to "real" ECU's.

Best thing is though, if one uses decent uC , like teensy with real beef under the hood, it gives enough room for much more complex models than Motronic did allow, leaving it far behind. Like... really Far 😅
Also one can use SVM to track and predict state of lambda , basing on actual engine state, allowing use of simple lambda instead of wideband and still getting "CSI zoom" effect in the resolution. SVM model can infer it from lambda response time, given there is testing fuel trim pattern to allow it coded in too.

Greetings and have fun :)
By theonewithin
Uh.. Nice post i guess?

If it doesn't run on the 2560 i wouldn't expect it to become part of Speeduino code any time soon.

Speeduino isn't meant to be what you are talking about.

Oh and Speeduino has always been a "real" ECU.
By JHolland
Many years ago there was a project to build a DIY open-source ECU that had the capabilities of a real ECU, about five were built and, I think, only one ever ran. Out of that project came another ECU that was highly stripped down in terms of both hardware and software, it was far easy to build and to tune - that ECU was Megasquirt. The lesson is to make it simple so its actually usable by the majority of people.
By PSIG
Where do I buy that $100 "AI" ECM that is simple to program? :lol: Seriously, I have no argument about developing most any features and capabilities; although we already have many that most users have no clue how to use.

If anyone wants to pursue this type of stuff, I think that's awesome, but should have POC first to wring out the bugs and show value. For example, if you wanted to add SVM predicted Lambda, then make a module that feeds Speeduino the predicted Lambda. Speeduino doesn't know any different. If it works well enough, then it could be a cost-option add-on, or possibly integrated into forked code. But at least we would know if it was a worthwhile pursuit at that point.

Put me on the list for one of the feature test modules!

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

See my earlier post . The Base Tune sets t[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?