For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
I was wondering if anyone has a start on anything like this.

I am wanting to try a few things via ecu control so i can change dependant on driving conditions.
I know i can add my own functions to the base code ie
Code: Select all
Output value = map(Input value, Imin, Imax, Omin, Omax);
Initial usage is pwm control of the mx5 nb alternator but further use cases i see are variable electric power steering/wipers/ via vss electric waterpump by rpm.

Would also be interesting to overvolt the fuel delivery system and see what the gain is
The modern philosophy is to use the primary ECM processor for primary engine control, only. Satellite processors and ECUs for other non-fuel and non-ignition controls, using data from the ECM for their operation. Commonly the data was basic serial, and more commonly CAN today.

There are a number of benefits to this, with one being much simpler development, and another in that it avoids complicating, potentially contaminating and slowing the primary code for critical ECM operations. Another important one is that code updates or improvements (for either the ECM or ECUs) is greatly simplified, allowing more and quicker improvements. Without going on all day; this method allows specific and simple hardware development for the purpose, reducing costs for both development and ongoing improvements of unlimited features.

What this comes to is that my route is to create the control on a spare Arduino, make operation perfect, then integrate into the ECM only if it is engine-critical and appropriate. Else leave it as a satellite ECM as most modern vehicle designs do, for all the reasons above, and more.

I already have functioning alternator control modules (such as the ARC©), PWM fan, WP speed control, etc; and I did not have to wait for board and main code changes, either to create them or to improve them. ;) Hope that helps with a different perspective.

The MX-REG was a proof-of-concept and function-check regulator design for the Mazda and Ford family. Next generation alternator regulator controllers (ARC©) such as the ARC and Nano-ARC are processor-based and very configurable for different charging systems and features, much more easily developed as satellite ECUs:
MX-Reg Voltage Regulator Control.jpg
MX-Reg Voltage Regulator Control.jpg (81.9 KiB) Viewed 2233 times
Yes I would go down that route if building a car up from scratch but when you are going down the pnp route where most of this is already "controlled" via ecu, additional modules in code would be a nice feature.

I am trying to write the additions in a way that they are available on secondary serial or can but the main reason is to be able to change or view current status and values within tunerstudio, pidash and android tab.

Basically an extension to the feature set already available, fan on/off will be fan 0-100% for example and digging in there are already bins to hold pwm values from a table. Functions like wmi which may not be used in a lot of situations can be repurposed and no extra memory taken.

I'm learning but the guys have done a good job so far into making the code modular that my additions are working so far.

Let me give more context. I'm trying to replace t[…]

Sorry, i just realized one thing: The 25 degrees […]

Hi y'all, I want to add a new 3-D table for Inj[…]

Yes as mentioned its 114 degrees, most older (rece[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?