For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By assane
Hello, I have two suggestions for boost control.
1. Polarity function inverted?
2. Boost control for two different fuel maps? The idea is for one map to have a greater boost, the other less. Switched together with the map.

Sorry for my english.
By Chris Wolfson
From my experience, if one day you are done with adjusting one boost curve, you will not have the desire to do a second one.
The use of such curves is very limited, as in normal operation your right foot is responsible for the amount of boost. An easy way of having two boost settings is a simple switch, disabling the boost valve. That way you have a low base boost and an elevated boost option. Maybe even use a key switch, if you hand your car out to an other person.
By PSIG
@assane - thank you for your suggestions. When possible, it is more productive to state specific problems to be solved, and then your suggestions for solving them. It is possible that solutions are already available, or other solutions that may have more features for more users. State your problem(s). ;)
By assane
I have a car in gasoline with 1.5 bar boost. I would like to install 0.8 bar boost gas for touring. I thought that if there is 2x map and ignition in the tuner studio, why not introduce the double boost setting function? I can do as Chris Wolfson says above, no problem but it would be nice to be able to control this lower boost. It is mainly about the efficiency of the evaporator and gas injectors. The next thing is, as the previous speaker mentioned, let someone drive this car is best on the weaker map for safety.
By pazi88
Or you could just have switch to disable 12v to boost solenoid and run lower boost on spring pressure only when switch is off and then higher boost using boost control when switch is on. While you are waiting for switchable boost map.

Personally I have never understood, why you would need switchable boost maps, because you can already have different boost targets based on tps input. So your right foot is the one controlling boost level. No need for switchable maps. Maybe only boost by gear for drag racing etc.
By PSIG
assane wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:18 am I have a car in gasoline with 1.5 bar boost. I would like to install 0.8 bar boost gas for touring. I thought that if there is 2x map and ignition in the tuner studio, why not introduce the double boost setting function? I can do as Chris Wolfson says above, no problem but it would be nice to be able to control this lower boost. It is mainly about the efficiency of the evaporator and gas injectors. The next thing is, as the previous speaker mentioned, let someone drive this car is best on the weaker map for safety.
Thank you. It would appear that you only want two peak boost levels, and control separately within those two levels. As already stated, one fuel table will handle both boost levels correctly, fueling properly at any boost level on either boost table. Therefore, you are only wanting multiple boost tables, and there are various solutions for this, with one already stated. There are other solutions, such as Chris' for a "valet" mode (special boost table not needed), and load a track tune on those days you are racing at either boost level. It takes less than a minute. Options such as this can get you going with full control until firmware solutions are considered for Speeduino.

Next, you originally wanted "polarity function inverted", which I am guessing means you want reversed operation, with boost rising with decreased PWM duty cycle? That's possible, but unusual, as hardware is typically set-up to provide minimum boost if control fails. It may be simpler and safer to alter the hardware setup to allow default bleed, so a failed valve or wire connection will not force over-boost. This is the primary reason an 'inverting' option is usually avoided. One easy alternative is to simply invert the values in your boost table, with max DC at low-load, but again not recommended. Does that help?
By assane
Thank you very much for your comprehensive answer. You have described exactly what I mean. Your comments helped me a lot. I will definitely use them. :)

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?