For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By dazq
The i2c library has been found to cause major issues with the timing and general interrupt use on mega2560 ,so cannot be used sorry.
It has yet to be confirmed if the same is true with teensy or stm32 based units.
By Sunglasses
The technical answer:
Time critical events like ignition and injection are managed with interrupts. The issue with the standard wire library is that it blocks interrupts for quite some time and therefore messes with the timed events in an unacceptable way.

Not to hijack this thread, but the question comes up every once in a while.
And I can understand this quite well because many I2C components are very affordable. It would be the icing on the cake if we could get this running.

Most topics referring to this are quite old. I cannot say if there have been recent discussions on Slack where I could not find them anymore.

There is a non-blocking alternative I2C library (I believe by Paul Stoffregen). Has this been discussed or tried yet?
By dazq
Sunglasses wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:18 pm The technical answer:
Time critical events like ignition and injection are managed with interrupts. The issue with the standard wire library is that it blocks interrupts for quite some time and therefore messes with the timed events in an unacceptable way.

Not to hijack this thread, but the question comes up every once in a while.
And I can understand this quite well because many I2C components are very affordable. It would be the icing on the cake if we could get this running.

Most topics referring to this are quite old. I cannot say if there have been recent discussions on Slack where I could not find them anymore.

There is a non-blocking alternative I2C library (I believe by Paul Stoffregen). Has this been discussed or tried yet?
As I mentioned in my reply , the mega library is still causing issues, the teensy version( from Paul stoffregen) has not yet been confirmed to be ok with speedy.
In my testing with gpio which uses a similar interrupt strategy to speedy has shown less issues with the teensy than was seen with the mega based code.
The stm32 library has also not been confirmed in use with speedy firmware.
happy birthday madam

Today, as we raise our glasses in her honor, let u[…]

Ignition Angle doubled?

+1, distributor is being used as crank position, s[…]

Dude, use whatever you think will work best, or wh[…]

It has been done more than a few times, there wa[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?