For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By miker
Why does riding or falling edge change the tooth?

It's still the same tooth and on that wheel they're all in exactly the same place. The only possible change would be to move the trigger angle offset 5 degrees earlier.

Is it the relationship between the crank and cam that's the problem? Then why not make the code one tooth earlier and say if it's great than the earlier tooth instead of equal too?

(On phone can't see your code)
By PSIG
miker wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:58 amIs it the relationship between the crank and cam that's the problem?
Yes. The shifted cam signal identifies a different crank tooth as @Jama stated. Second, and in a general sense, the posted timing graphs clearly show the Falling edge in this example is more stable than the Rising edge. So, my suggestion would be to design and use the decoder for Falling edge indexed timing.
By ShawnTaylor
Jama wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:47 pm Well to wrap this thread up for anyone who looks in future.
The decoder is now supported, I sat down and figured it out on Friday.

Full sequential and closed loop VVT work, tested on the bench and on my car :D

https://github.com/noisymime/speeduino/ ... 30bf56cf56
I am also trying to get mine running with closed loop VVT but I can't seem to dial in the right settings (solenoid frequency, cam angle etc) Would you mind sharing your settings (screenshot would be great!)
By Jama
ShawnTaylor wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:04 am
Jama wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:47 pm Well to wrap this thread up for anyone who looks in future.
The decoder is now supported, I sat down and figured it out on Friday.

Full sequential and closed loop VVT work, tested on the bench and on my car :D

https://github.com/noisymime/speeduino/ ... 30bf56cf56
I am also trying to get mine running with closed loop VVT but I can't seem to dial in the right settings (solenoid frequency, cam angle etc) Would you mind sharing your settings (screenshot would be great!)
Hi,

Sure, here's what I found worked in testing and development.
It's not perfect, but tracked well enough.
It was never run on a dyno to optimise.

I used TPS for load as I have throttle bodies.

The car is currently off the road for a Turbo conversion.

James
Attachments
st170_vvt.png
st170_vvt.png (151.75 KiB) Viewed 5279 times
By Eddie78
I am just about to swap my engine for a ST170 and its great that the closed loop VVT has been tested and working.

my only worry is regarding the wiring, i assume the VVT output is switching ground? and what supply fed for the solenoid I have read they run of 12v and 5v can anyone shed some light please

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?