For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By Jama
This is one that has been mentioned a few times over the years by myself and others.
I now have daily access to a car with this engine running Speeduino so hope I can nudge it along.
This will be the first step to getting closed loop VVT support, which is pretty key on the engine as it gains a lot.

https://motorsport-electronics.co.uk/tech-st170vvt/

Here are all the resources I have found

From here: https://www.maxxecu.com/webhelp/trigge ... st170.html

The Ford ST170 CAM trigger wheel.

ImageExample trigger logger image from the Ford ST170 CAM trigger.

ImageExample trigger oscilloscope from the Ford ST170.

I have attached a 2 Saleae logs of the crank and cam post VR conditioner (both are VR sensors).
One with the VVT fully advanced (100% duty), and one with it fully off (retarded).

If there are any questions or testing needed, just give me a shout.
James
Attachments
(49.21 KiB) Downloaded 304 times
By Jama
From the crank/cam captures I've managed to create a Ardustim pattern.
Rather than create another fork I've attached a .csv with the data, this can be dropped in place of an existing pattern.
This is a 720 degree cycle with the VVT fully advanced, which is roughly 50 degrees.

I fed it into a Speeduino which showed the RPM perfectly, as the crank trigger is 36-1, and I could see the cam pattern using the composite logger.
I also fed it into the ME221 and I got full sync and the cam angle was what was exptected.
I'll follow up with a few more patterns with varying degrees of cam advance.
20200620_124006.jpg
20200620_124006.jpg (3.05 MiB) Viewed 9310 times
Attachments
(2.11 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
By CCS
Heya, I'm about to finish dropping an ST170 into my Mk1 Fiesta; I'll get onto this after its wired up.

I've also got a spare ME100 to use a baseline and monitor the VVT for comparison.
By CCS
Just a quick update, I've started writing the ST170 cam decoder & thanks for your logs, looks like my scope is inaccurate as hell. Noise is proving to be an issue but I'm sure thats just down to my bodged wiring loom.

I'm getting a second engine for another project, if I'm able to replicate 100% synchronization on both engines I'll put a PR in for you to try it out.
By Jama
Awesome news :)

I'm happy to have a look and play with your WIP code on my bench and on the car as well, it's pretty much a development tool for me now anyway with the weather what it is.

Also, I can't recommend one of these cheap logic analysers enough.
It's what I got my logis with, just wire it to the output of the VR conditioner.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AZDelivery-Log ... r=8-6&th=1
By gruhalski
CCS wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:12 pm Just a quick update, I've started writing the ST170 cam decoder & thanks for your logs, looks like my scope is inaccurate as hell. Noise is proving to be an issue but I'm sure thats just down to my bodged wiring loom.

I'm getting a second engine for another project, if I'm able to replicate 100% synchronization on both engines I'll put a PR in for you to try it out.
Hey @CSS!

I have an ST170 running in my Sierra. I probably won't be able to help you with an actual coding, but I'm open to test new firmware on my car. Are you available on Facebook or any other chat/messenger platform, so that we can communicate easily?
By PSIG
@gruhalski - Easy communications have been created on Slack chat, and there is a link to it at the top of every Forum page. Using Slack has the benefit of keeping open-source development… open, and big benefits in allowing all to either follow or participate in ideas, problems and solutions. Typically, this type of work would be in the #Development channel, and set your Slack up for instant notifications. 8-)

Also, I'd suggest that discussions and dev be held to the Forums and Slack, as a lot of valuable info and assistance is being lost on sites like Facebook. While FB is a necessary evil for marketing and awareness of some efforts, it has some serious side-effects that slow development and limit assistance for users. This is one reason FB is not linked on the Forums. This is not limited to us, and many automotive companies have closed or restricted their FB pages, as it created more logistical problems than it's worth. ;) Please, keep it here or Slack. Thanks!
By CCS
Sorry I've been Ill with covid for a while now, before that day work along with other family members projects have kept me out of the garage. The cold air just wrecks my lungs, sucks.

I'm going to slap on some new bosch CoPs & find someone with a rolling road; or buy one. Got a new garage away from home that has three phase so I should be able to pickup an uncoverted rolling road for cheap.

Hooking up this ME100, going to log the output and spit out a graph for comparison.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?