For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By turboimport95
Is there any way to get another vvt output in the software like vvt1 then vvt2, considering a honda k swap and need 2 outputs. a simple clone of the vvt setup thats on there now would work, also a possible power switched vtc output would be sweet instead of ground.
By evo_lucian
I supposed with some code manipulation you can enable a second vvt output via one of the existing high current outputs.

For 12v switching, just use a relay and use the vvt ground output to trigger it
By turboimport95
yeah i tried the ground side relay deal, and it glitches the ecu. it forces the ecu to disconnect from my laptop. and the car runs terrible. i found a solid state relay deal im gonna try out but the 2nd vvt would be very useful. Otherwise Kpro is the way to go.
By LPG2CV
Its odd that it doesn't work if you use vvt pin to ground a relay! Are you sure you have the correct pin assigned? It's often the case that the vvt or boost is used for FP. Check you don't have the same pin assigned to more than one function. :)
By turboimport95
its a u4ac board, im sure its wired right hmm ill double check unless the ecu itself is bad. or tunerstudios assigned the wrong pin or something.
By LAV1000
turboimport95 wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:49 pm yeah i tried the ground side relay deal, and it glitches the ecu. it forces the ecu to disconnect from my laptop. and the car runs terrible. i found a solid state relay deal im gonna try out but the 2nd vvt would be very useful. Otherwise Kpro is the way to go.
Did you try a diode anti parallel to the relay coil ?
By turboimport95
i actually thought about doing that across the terminals ground trigger to switched hot i believe im gonna check wiring first. thanks though for the insight. Could be so kind of voltage spike from activating the relay.
By theonewithin
I think I read somewhere here about dual VVTI outputs being an issue due to the limited resources of the Mega2560.

Something along that sort of line.

Closed loop control is probably more important anyway which is being worked on currently.
By turboimport95
Its not a really big deal anyway right now, im still running a b16a2, I appreciate everyone that chimed in though. oh yeah a solid state relay seems work fine for the vtec. all is left is tuning. :D
By evo_lucian
turboimport95 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:03 pm Its not a really big deal anyway right now, im still running a b16a2, I appreciate everyone that chimed in though. oh yeah a solid state relay seems work fine for the vtec. all is left is tuning. :D
I got vtec working with a cheapo generic 12v relay triggered by vvt output. The tuning is the fun part. Good luck

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?