Firmware live stream happening this weekend: viewtopic.php?f=13&p=43195
For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
User avatar
By PSIG
#37383
clubman wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:53 am
Josh, if it is not of great difficulty you can add the 36-2 in a later firmware version. It is already in the MS code.
Again and only to maintain clarity; the Mazda 99-05 trigger pattern is supported. The 36-2 Missing Tooth is supported.

The custom combination of 36-2 crank and 99-05 cam patterns is not supported. Your request then would not be to add 36-2, but to make 99-05 cam pattern separately selectable. This would be far preferable, as the 99-05 cam pattern cycle signal could then be used with 24-1, 60-2, or other primary pattern as a custom combination.

David
By clubman
#37393
That is a brilliant idea! And actually it is as you say because instead of the 4 tooth OEM crank trigger wheel and the 36-2 FM one, I've seen people using the 36-1 from the Protege.

I was wondering, can the engine run in sequential mode by using only the cam pattern? As long as you provide the crank angle for the single tooth for example, I can't see why not.. However the angle analysis will be low..
User avatar
By PSIG
#37396
clubman wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:10 am
I was wondering, can the engine run in sequential mode by using only the cam pattern?
Yes, if resolution is high enough (cam speed is half crank speed), and a missing tooth is provided for sync, e.g., 36-2 on the cam. You can read about this in Missing Tooth (Cam). No separate cycle signal is required (it's on the cam already ;)) and no crank signal is required; though resolution is halved and any valve train drive errors (slop) are added.
clubman wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:10 am
As long as you provide the crank angle for the single tooth for example, I can't see why not.. However the angle analysis will be low..
Not sure I follow this part. What is the resulting crank/cam combination?

David
By clubman
#37480
I think we are saying the same. For example for the miata 1/2 I mean if you register in the software that the single pulse is at say 120 degrees and that the double pulse is at 300, then it knows exactly the position of the crankshaft..
User avatar
By PSIG
#37494
PSIG wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:40 pm
Not sure I follow this part. What is the resulting crank/cam combination?
clubman wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:21 am
I think we are saying the same. For example for the miata 1/2 I mean if you register in the software that the single pulse is at say 120 degrees and that the double pulse is at 300, then it knows exactly the position of the crankshaft..
We are discussing several crank and cam profiles, with different modes of decoding, so please be specific. Is this still discussing 36-2/2+1, or 1/2+1? Or what? Does this engine have VVT, and if so, has a higher-resolution crank profile? I appreciate the brainstorming of concepts, but you've lost me.

That aside and back to basics; almost anything can be done with almost any combination of patterns, using new supporting code. However, some are less suitable than others, also noting that if you are changing to a custom combination anyway — why not use a combination that is already supported? I am not confident where this discussion is leading, if anywhere, without better clarifications of examples, intentions, and goals. :?

David
Startup Jaguar V12

This stall issue when computer is disconnected, […]

Hi folks, I have a couple of 14point7 Spartan 2 O[…]

I specifically "tie" unused timing input[…]

Hayabusa advice

Hello! I'm new here and this is my first post. I'm[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?