For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By clubman
Hello,

I am currently using MS2 on my turbo miata (99-05) and I would like to move to Speeduino, maybe even make a PNP board.

The thing is that the car already has a 36-2 trigger wheel from Flyin Miata for better RPM resolution but there is no decoder available in Speeduino.

Is it possible to add it please?

Thank you
By PSIG
clubman wrote: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:01 am Yes but it won't be sequential, right? Miata 99-05 are sequential fuel.
Correct, it will not be capable of sequential — unless you have a 2nd signal (cycle signal) of some kind, commonly a single pulse per-cycle or 4-1 for example, and commonly from the cam or distributor. Without a cycle signal, the ECM does not know if the current crank revolution is the first or second of the 720° 4-stroke cycle, and therefore does not know which cylinder sequences next. If you are running sequential now with the 36-2, then you have some form of cycle signal. What cycle signal are you using now?

David
By clubman
Right now it uses the OEM cam signals and the megasquirt has the decoder built-in. The NB-NBFL Miatas have a single tooth and a double tooth on the intake cam gear and in case of VVT on the back of the intake camshaft using a ring but it is the same pattern.

Have a look:

Thank you
By PSIG
Good. So your issue is not with 36-2, but with your cycle signal. Two offhand solutions for this are to either remove two cam teeth to create a 36-2/1, or write a cycle signal decoder version to create a 32-2/3 for you specific cycle signal pattern.

David
By noisymime
Just to throw an additional option out there, unless you have a real need for it have you considered just running semi-sequential with the 36-2? It'll work 'out of the box' and let you run sequential later if you do switch cam gears or grind down to a single pulse
By clubman
Yes this can be done but I bet I'll run into problems with my big injectors running semi-sequential. I may try that in the following 2 months.

Josh, if it is not of great difficulty you can add the 36-2 in a later firmware version. It is already in the MS code.

Thank you
clubman wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:53 am
Josh, if it is not of great difficulty you can add the 36-2 in a later firmware version. It is already in the MS code.
36-2 already exists. What you want is something special. Being already in the MS code means nothing as Speeduino shares NOTHING between MS other than tuning software. If you want it added your best bet is to provide all the technical information and a set of the gears to Josh so he can inspect them and spin up a test to ensure it works. Oh and add a bounty to make it worth while.

Your options have already been given. Run semi-seq or grind some teeth off.

You know Speedy is open loop only for VVT to yeah? Basically on/off is all the control you will have.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?