For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By PSIG
Agreed with @dazq. I am not an iOS person, but I'm using the ESP32 (successor to ESP8266) for some comm's, as it has USB serial, BT SPP, BLE and WiFi options. About $5-$10USD online. Perhaps you can get your Apple to talk through a different interface with something like that instead of HC or HM?
By Rob123456789
dazq wrote:The connection interface doesnt matter as long as it is transparent and does not tamper/alter the data protocol
ahhh ok that makes sense. I've just seen the part on the wiki where it say the bluetooth module needs to support SPP and the low power iphone bluetooth can't do that.

I've also found on the real dash website that "iOS requires serial-WiFi adapter"
PSIG wrote:Agreed with @dazq. I am not an iOS person, but I'm using the ESP32 (successor to ESP8266) for some comm's, as it has USB serial, BT SPP, BLE and WiFi options. About $5-$10USD online. Perhaps you can get your Apple to talk through a different interface with something like that instead of HC or HM?
I'll order an ESP32 and give it a go. Thanks for the help.
By realdashdev
I have never tried the HM-10 module with RealDash. It should work if it uses any of the well known BLE serial device service and characteristic ids. I will order one and test.
By joey120373
AFAIK, iphone does not play well with the standard HC-06/5 BT modules, but it seems to pair fine with the HC-10 BLE modules I have tried.

I just downloaded RealDash on my fire last night, and it works, except that the RPM meter seems to jump sporadically, I do not see this in TS or MS droid.

Wondering why it’s only on RealDash? I’m running the 202002 firmware ...

Thanks for bringing speeduino to RealDash !
By joey120373
I have an iPhone, and a few HM-10 modules, and a speeduino based board with both a Bluetooth header and an ESP32 on board. Last time I tried to get the Bluetooth working with real dash, RealDash would connect to the HM 10, but no data. I’ll try it again though since it seems RealDash has been updated.

After that, Il see if I can get set up the esp32 as a serial to WiFi bridge and see how that works. My board has a level converter IC using com3 to the ESP, I haven’t tested that yet, as long as I got the rx and to correct ( I mess that up more often than I would like to admit..) I might be able to get WiFi comms working, that would be cool..
By Rob123456789
So it took a while but I've got the esp32 working with my iphone and real dash!

I couldn't get a stable connection using the esp as a true serial bridge but I found that I could use it as a relay for the A command and this seems to work better. I'm not not very experienced at programming so the problem will be with my code not the hardware.

The only issue I'm having now is that when I use a diode to connect to the Rx0 of the Speeduino I can't connect. The esp32 uses 3.3v so I have a level converter but I think that once I get a .7v drop over the diode I don't have enough for the 5v logic. I might just use a switch so I can just turn the WiFi on when I want it and then I won't need the diode
By realdashdev
I have been working to bring the August 2020 firmware updates to RealDash, mainly the fuel and oil pressure readings to be mapped directly to correct RealDash inputs. I implemented the 'serial0' connection to match the August 2020 ini file, but now I have trouble remembering what is the difference with serial3 connection? Should I leave it as it is or change it?
By dazq
The serial3 stream has not yet been updated with the new data ,eg oil etc.
The list is in the wiki.
If you are able to test, speedy firmware run on a teensy now supports can @500k 11bit OBD2 STD.
By realdashdev
dazq wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:29 am The serial3 stream has not yet been updated with the new data ,eg oil etc.
Ok, thanks. I will leave the serial3 as it was and use latest ini file on serial0.

Thank you. Ill try as soon as I can. These setti[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

cps.PNG With the crank at TDC, rotation is clo[…]

Had it running for a short period again. Same as […]

Ok, here is the first version of the adapter plate[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?