For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By hankthefourth
Hello All

I would like to run a BMW V-12... i have seen some posts about V-12 and jaguar... and teensy...

Has any had any success?

Thanks!
By dazq
Are these not the engine that run dual ECU?
Iirc the general consensus was to run dual speeduino, one as 6 wasted on fuel one a 6 wasted on spark.
By hankthefourth
Yes, the BMW V-12 runs dual ECU.
And they break down and cause lots of problems because of the two ECU's
and sell for cheap on the used market, since it takes a mechanical GURU to fix the two separate setups.
I am not that good.

If i can throw out the old setup, and run a single ECU , life would be so much better.
So i was checking in to see the status of the Teensy setup.

Thanks man
By PSIG
hankthefourth wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:06 pm... since it takes a mechanical GURU to fix the two separate setups.
I am not that good.

If i can throw out the old setup, and run a single ECU , life would be so much better.
I understand you want a single unit for 'simplicity', but there is a lot to say for separate ignition-only and fuel-only—not separate 6 fuel, 6 ignition, as that is indeed complicated. :roll: Just throwing it out there, as most users are not "Guru" level technicians, and would prefer the separate fuel and spark units for much easier setup and troubleshooting, even if they could get them in a single unit. ;)

This is similar to the GPIO being a separate unit, as trying to put those added functions into one Speeduino would be extremely complicated to sort-out. Keeping the functions separate has the advantage of reducing issues by separating the issues, and I would suggest you at least consider going for the two units, then moving to an "all-in-one" when you are a V-12 Speeduino Guru. 8-)

David
By Madman
Just curious if anyone has attempted the BMW 12 with one or 2 speeduinos. I have a v12 BMW engine in a midengine car with duel hei and Weber carbs but would love better ignition control.

I uploaded logs and last tune and dyno plots look[…]

you could set 'skip revolutions' to 3, then it wou[…]

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?