For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By PSIG
devin.johnson wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2017 5:53 pm I wanna request a few things.

1. A map for Cranking pulsewidth ala MS style.
2. A map for vvt timing ala vtec
3/4 Rotational Idle and Off throttle antilag.
Cool suggestions. My thoughts here if it helps, and a couple questions — expanding cranking pulse width options would be useful in some applications. I have had no issues with instant starts on hot or cold days by simply keying on and off a couple times to get more injector prime if it needs it. This assumes your warm idle tune and cranking settings are good, so it only needs a bit of an extra shot on very cold mornings. It effectively works like pumping the pedal on a carb, so it fires right off and WUE takes over from there. It might solve your issue while you wait for the feature, and if it works as well for you as it has for me (only one starting stall, ever, in years of daily use without CPW), then you might find it's not a problem to deal with it like a hot rodder. ;) Even better, features like this in MS were mostly done by the community, so they didn't have to wait for James or somebody to make it happen. Write some code, test it, and put it up for a merge!

#2 is needed, but it's going to be a struggle, as there are so many different advance angle systems out there and each type will need it's own decoder to function. Also, some are +PWM to hold an angle (like an typical PWM IAC), and others are ±PWM to move and zero PWM at target position (floating). This makes for quite the list of systems, and we can start a list of users for each type to get a sort order of first functions if/when it is pursued. Perhaps you can list your system properties here, and we can start a thread for willing testers when it looks like noisymime will have the feature on the short list.

For #3, it would be helpful to list how you want to select it on/off for use, and the operating parameters. It might also help in defining the feature if you specify the racing mode you use them each in, and what variables are needed for the way you would use it (a VSS input would be an example for rally cars). If more people can use it effectively, and it can be configured to not excessively endanger hobby-level engines and parts, it will climb the to-do list quicker. This is another one that you might get coded quicker, and those wanting it bad enough can simply mod their code with copy/paste from you before uploading to their Megas. Image

David
By Kelvinator
Request:

Being able to adjust how much fuel the Over-Run fuel cut is removing. Megasquirt gives the option of 0-100% so that you can tailor how much fuel is still being fed when the Over-Run conditions are met. I get the feeling at the moment that its giving 0% on over-run?

Megasquirt added the fuelling amount because on some cars completely cutting the injectors causes them to surge on over-run, and just reducing the fuelling instead of cutting it resolved the issue. My car is one of these stupid ones that surges when on over-run fuel cut.

Having some more variables like below would be nice too, especially the CLT based condition.
By PSIG
Kelvinator wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:40 am... I get the feeling at the moment that its giving 0% on over-run?
Correct.
Kelvinator wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:40 amMegasquirt added the fuelling amount because on some cars completely cutting the injectors causes them to surge on over-run, and just reducing the fuelling instead of cutting it resolved the issue. My car is one of these stupid ones that surges when on over-run fuel cut.
The degree of fuel cut is typically done by disabling fuel cut and tuning the VE table to provide whatever fuel you need under those conditions. Fuel-Cut simply adds the option to completely eliminate fuel under specific parameters. In other words, the fueling is either what it should be by tuning, or fully cut when it is not needed.

How DFC is used also depends on how the vehicle reacts to it, and "surging" has been described as both a sudden change in deceleration, and as a slow 'loping' of the engine during decel. The first is handled by VE table tuning with fuel and the second is simply the ECM preventing the engine from completely stalling by 'catching' it at the lower RPM and running for a moment, that I found is often caused by vehicles with auto transmissions with lockup converters that unlock during the decel, but are still coupled hydraulically, changing decel dynamics. I have not found a workaround for this loping if it bothers you except to disable DFC and tune the decel with fuel as-normal. If you have a different description of your 'surging' we can look into the source and other solutions.
Kelvinator wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:40 amHaving some more variables like below would be nice too, especially the CLT based condition.
This could be a good parameter for enabling DFC for certain engines or fuels, though I have not had any issues with DFC at any CLT myself — assuming the tune is good and it runs well otherwise. Start a thread on your DFC surging with descriptions, parameters, and logs, and then, if still present, we can specify feature and code changes that will address the DFC issues directly.
David
By majinsoftware
Just wondering where the self dignostic code progress has gotten too.
One requirement for a car where I live is 6 monthly inspections and one of the tests is the CEL comes on during fuel pump prime and goes out signally there are no faults during running.

If the self dignostics is still ages off could I request, Having another setting in the fuel pump page to output to a different pin during prime (trigger CEL) then output stops after prime (CEL goes off and doesnt come back on until engine off and prime again)

Also this code could maybe be expanded to work as shift light (selectable RPM trigger)

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?