For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By NickZ
Speedo input would be great and used with the boost function, Boost by gear.
By using rpm and speed you can calculate what gear you are in and with some high boost setups getting of the line is a problem.
eg: set boost for 5 psi in first 10psi in second 20 psi 3rd etc.
By Ned
boost vs mph is another good option. Drag racers often want that to limit wheel spin on takeoff and gradually increase boost as speed increases
By KaxLon
To the dev concerning VSS input:
If the VSS is using interrupts it will eat up some more time from the base code. This gets worse as the speed goes up.
By RasPL
I can't find boost control for speed densitty algo. Can You include this algo ? and also for speed density better is to use in boost table desired pressure in place of duty cycle. Boost by gear algo normally is % value of boost from boost_table for selected gear (neutral, 1,2,3,4,5,6 gear etc.)
By noisymime
RasPL wrote:I can't find boost control for speed densitty algo. Can You include this algo ?
You can't have a speed density boost table as speed density uses the MAP reading as its base, which is directly related to boost. Its like asking how much boost you want when the boost is 7psi.
and also for speed density better is to use in boost table desired pressure in place of duty cycle. Boost by gear algo normally is % value of boost from boost_table for selected gear (neutral, 1,2,3,4,5,6 gear etc.)
This is closed loop boost control, which isn't yet it place. It will be implemented soon though.
By noisymime
KaxLon wrote:To the dev concerning VSS input:
If the VSS is using interrupts it will eat up some more time from the base code. This gets worse as the speed goes up.
This is true, and it would certainly use interrupts, but these pulses are usually fairly low resolution (relatively). From what I can see, these would top out somewhere around 800-900Hz, but importantly the interrupt function for these would be incredibly simple, really just recording the time. I could be wrong, but I think this would be fine.
By RasPL
Yes i know that. But why i can't use boost controll in speed density also with current state of algorithm? (open loop) In my stock ECU i have that option which normaly works with my supercharged engine. Also i don't have TPS and i don't need them.

I.e you have boost control map(pwm solenoid dc values) based on rpm and map(not tps) Engine state i.e. 2000rpm's, 180kPa, dc value 30% so i wan't decrease pressure. With open loop i can't say without tons of experiments what pressure will this give me but i know that i will decrese current boost pressure to some level.

For vss input, i have at home clusters from vw golf mk3 and they have vss input ratio 1Hz/1kmh that means 200km/h = 200Hz input signal. In gearbox is hall sensor.
By noisymime
It's fairly trivial to implement, but I can't say I've ever seen a configuration like that in an aftermarket ECU before. You'd have to be very careful with the map, as its self referencing, you could easily end up with either a feedback loop or a situation where boost is oscillating wildly back and forth between values. The later situation could happen easily even at cruising speeds unless you dialled in your DCs very carefully.

That's just my 2c, but it sounds like a nightmare to tune.
By RasPL
Digifant df1 from vw's g60 engine.

Only one thing which can be hard in this case is to try handle big turbo charger which at low and medium rpm's don't produce pressure then at high rpm's (in narrow rpm's range) makes very big pressure which you want control. This is situation for cars with 2.0l turbocharger engines producing 700+bhp.

To make for speed density algo boost map tune easyer maybe we have to use 2d table pressure(rpm) which can be also used for alpha-n

Thank you. Ill try as soon as I can. These setti[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

cps.PNG With the crank at TDC, rotation is clo[…]

Had it running for a short period again. Same as […]

Ok, here is the first version of the adapter plate[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?