For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By runesm
I know the hard times i am about to put on my engine. No worries about that. I get that you want to protect people from doing stupid stuff. But after all, this is a standalone engine management, some stupid stuff is going to happen.
Can we get past the disclaimers and onto the technical question at hand, since i clearly am missing it here?
Or can i atleast get a pm with a guiding hand?
By PSIG
@runesm, I appreciate your position, and I really am not trying to be an ass, nor am I trying to protect you. Seriously. In order to get the results you want, you must understand the various functions, settings, and configurations and consider how they would affect ALS operation in your specific application. This is for best performance and results, not even avoiding damage or injury. You already stated the effects you are after, and we can't teach you everything about how to set it all up and what effects each function or adjustment could make for best operation — any more than make you a race driver by telling you to push on the pedal things and turn the steering wheel when you get to a corner. ;)

So, I hope you understand, that for us to help you effectively is only to point you in the direction you want to go. You have to take it from there to understand this system, make the concept connections from what you want to how you could or prefer to accomplish it, and with that new understanding finally make it do what you want and need it to do. That may not be the answer you want to hear, but it's where I'm coming from. If you want an ALS config section in TunerStudio for easier access, you could also post a feature request including the parameters, functions, and adjustments you would require for your application. A bounty incentive can also be placed on it for quicker results if you like. I hope that helps.

David
By runesm
I appreciate the clarification.

I know the functions of both flatshift and launchcontrol, and none can be transferred to the use that i have for proper antilag (off-throttle, for instance under decceleration). If i am missing some key point though that allow the use i need/want for it, i would really really like you, if you have the time, to point it out to me.

What i was after was exactly a ALS config section with for instance ignition targets/rpm, idlevalve adder (or fixed opening duty), and fueling adder.

As for your comment about feature request, i am under the very impression, that i posted in exactly the right subsection of the forum for it :) As for the bounty, i am not able to put in such a commitment at current time.
By runesm
I know as of now i can make a workaround of sorts, moving the 1wire idle valve over to the vvt output, and using the table to open the idlevalve on full vacuum, and just use the ve and ignition table to get the desired results, but as the car has other uses than full on track attack, it would be nice to have it on a switch.
By PSIG
Feature requests have evolved a bit for better handling of many requests. In addition to what you did here, I'd suggest posting an issue on the GitHub Issues and Feature Requests page. Others can add or refine by comments there. Add a bounty if you like, as described here. I am a performance technician, not a code wizard, and so I'm not eligible for bounties. I find ways to apply the code, improve the code for application, or just help people use the code the coders create. No bounties or perks for me, so I'm not pushing it for any gain on my end.

I see you thinking. ;) You are on the right track (well, one possible track), so consider that VVT can be selected for ALS-idle-range TPS and RPM, plus VVT can be used ON/OFF, that a high-flow valve can be ON/OFF (use an air restriction as necessary instead of PWM to avoid wonky behavior in variable high vac/boost flows), that Launch can be selected High/Float, and . . . well, you'll see it. I would use a panel/dash or E-brake handle switch (or both) to interrupt/enable the high signal from the valve output to clutch input in order to select normal/ALS idle, but that's an option for you to decide. Post your videos of delight or destruction. :lol:

David
By Fera
i tune rally cars with motec m800 and m142 ecu. direct injection
and create my own anti lag system for speeduino based on motec
I'm trying to create one for rusefi but I still don't understand the code at all

To create an anti-lag mode with all the corresponding options you will need to make some significant code changes to get the best results. note that antilag is not a game. since it takes the materials of the engine to the extreme
for a good tuned antilag. no need to add fuel.
20% maximum throttle is more than enough not to damage the engine. (The extra fuel is added to lower the combustion chamber temperature and limit boost.) But only when the target is reached.
otherwise the rpm drops sharply
. the ignition should not exceed -40° (but that depends on the engine and the torque you want to generate with anti lag, which by the way should be very little to be able to stop the vehicle
https://user-images.githubusercontent.c ... 3fc1a9.mp4
Attachments
ALS.jpg
ALS.jpg (347.71 KiB) Viewed 1761 times
By PSIG
Wow, that's a lot of work! :mrgreen:

Retard or extra fuel? IMO it depends on how you are tuning anti-lag. There are different ways to increase unloaded exhaust flow and heat to power the turbo, without increasing rpm. Everyone has their favorite methods. Ignition retard is not always heavily used, and usually the most dangerous factor with overheating of the turbine (damage), exhaust valves and spark plugs (heat pre-ignition); or cross-firing in the distributor; or cross-firing through the intake with any ignition, or lighting cut cylinders by the open exhaust before intake, etc. Pick your favorite danger. :lol:
By Fera
PSIG wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 3:02 pm Wow, that's a lot of work! :mrgreen:

Retard or extra fuel? IMO it depends on how you are tuning anti-lag. There are different ways to increase unloaded exhaust flow and heat to power the turbo, without increasing rpm. Everyone has their favorite methods. Ignition retard is not always heavily used, and usually the most dangerous factor with overheating of the turbine (damage), exhaust valves and spark plugs (heat pre-ignition); or cross-firing in the distributor; or cross-firing through the intake with any ignition, or lighting cut cylinders by the open exhaust before intake, etc. Pick your favorite danger. :lol:
in my opinion one of the best ways is fresh air.
but for regulatory reasons it is not allowed in rally cars in Argentina
we can only use throttle to add extra air (DBW) m142 ecu direct injection
and mechanical throttle fixed to 20% or 30% in evo 9 (that uses a partial spark cut x tps to limit rpm
in my drift cars i use fresh air
It is a good way to keep temperatures lower
By PSIG
That's an interesting rule, and I would be interested to know the specific reasons behind that. I didn't mention fresh air, as it is a required component in any anti-lag. Either partially burned and late (retard) or clean with spark cut and/or extra fuel for exhaust after-burn, or other schemes to power the turbine. One setup I haven't tried yet is normal idle air, spark-cut and weak wet nitrous (more fuel and cold O2) to hold boost with after-burn, then on throttle-up it's instant boost build until either EMAP or MAP signal (or both) indicate it has enough exhaust flow to continue on-tune (if emap >= x or map >= currentVEtableValue). Reports indicate it is extremely responsive without needing exotic metal turbines, and uses very little N2O. Looking forward to testing that sometime. 8-)

Will this have an updated version about this featu[…]

See my earlier post . The Base Tune sets t[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

I did the fix, but it's not work. I put my setti[…]

Perhaps some different points and pictures. Instr[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?