For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By joey120373
I have a Speeduino, though i haven't done anything with it just yet.
I have a "new to me" 2014 toyota tundra, 5.7L V8 with VVT and electronic throttle, electronic trans etc.

it has a 36-2 trigger wheel witch i think Speeduino would support?

My though is that i do not want to completely replace the stock PCM, rather i just want to be able to tune the ignition timing and tune the fuel.
I think the ignition timing would be easy enough to get control of, simply tie into the existing crankshaft position sensor signal, and then let the Speeduinno fire the coils (COP) in waisted spark.

However, i don't want the speeduino to directly control the injectors, If i did that, my fuel mileage indicator would not be accurate, and i would loose my sequential injection. A nice feature would be a dedicated table in the speeduino that would allow me to read the existing load signal ( MAF in this case ) and then send out an altered signal to the factory PCM. The Teensy would lend itself well to this as it has a built in DAC. Many Piggyback controllers do just that.

It would also be cool if the Speeduino could just generate an altered Crank Position Sensor signal as well, that way, just that one signal could be intercepted and altered to effectively control the timing.

I think this would be a very useful feature for anyone wanting to modify an already fuel injected engine. Rather than having to re-wire and then tune an entire system, one could just tie into or intercept a handfull of signals and be able to fine tune it just by tweeking the Crank position and load signals.

Joe

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?