For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By PSIG
I have multiple ones running on the bench, and one on a running GM 2.2L, but it runs great without it so I'm in no rush—but it could be made available for testing if necessary and on days when it's here. If the demand is there; I follow what you're saying and it shouldn't be necessary. ;) I have a couple more stepper setups coming, but not here yet. You know what that means. I'll holler when need arises one day.

David

PS: @punisher454 - Realize it is a feature that will appear, but is on the back burner based on today's need. So you can move forward with confidence, and if you're getting there and it's not live yet, just post-up and it will move to the short list. Josh has been very responsive in most active needs that way. Image If you have special purpose for it that makes it a deal-killer be sure to post here with what it has to do in order to meet those needs. There are already a few special functions in Speedy that are currently single-user but useful to others moving forward so go ahead and add yours. :)
By punisher454
I am going to be moving forward very soon on my projects. I do have a long list of cars and car projects, at least one of them will get a speeduino soon. some of the fuel injection projects I am doing for this year include;

One mild 350 chevy with a holley stealth ram intake manifold.(currently in an 84 corvette)

One stock 350 buick with a 2bbl TBI (currently in a 77 firebird)

One LQ4 6.0L with an LS9 cam and better intake (going into a 74 firebird this summer)

and a 454 with aluminum 320cc rectangle port heads, big cam and twin turbo's. Potentially a 1000hp engine, right now being setup for a modified GM computer. This will replace the 350 in the 84 corvette next winter.

probably the 350 buick will get a speeduino in a couple of months, then maybe the 350 chevy or the 6L around the end of the summer.
All use GM steppers for idle.

One thought I had, was that if closed loop stepper idle wasnt ready yet by the time I need it I could maybe re purpose the closed loop PWM code and re-direct the output to a stepper position rather than a pulsewidth. I havent looked close enough yet at the code to see if its possible or not.

BTW, I noticed the new placeholders for v8 injectors and ignition channels on github, I'm excited :)
By Briggs28
Would be awesome if it was added. On my Gokart the idle drops about 300 rpm when I release the clutch. I have everything for stepper idle set up, but I have to set my idle to about 1500 rpm with the clutch pressed to keep it running with the clutch in.

Thank you in advance
By noisymime
Faza_888 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:51 am I tried the firmware with GitHub. The stepper motor constantly rotates in one direction.
Specifically with the closed loop mode or in general? It performs a homing function upon startup, is that possibly what you're seeing?
By PSIG
Faza_888 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:51 amI tried the firmware with GitHub. The stepper motor constantly rotates in one direction.
I don't know your testing parameters, but in closed-loop, it will try to reach the target until it does. If bench testing, it will continue turning if the rpm does not match target perfectly, if you see what I mean. Effectively, it can continuously turn in or out depending on which side of the target it's on. How are you testing?

David
By Faza_888
I understand all this well. I know what I'm talking about. Even on a muffled internal combustion engine, the stepper motor rotates endlessly.
It always rotates endlessly, regardless of the speed of the internal combustion engine and the target.

Sorry for my English. Maybe I'll write better in Russian?
By PSIG
Your english is OK. Better than my Russian. ;) Please list the conditions of your testing, so our testing can try to duplicate your conditions. If you are testing on a running engine, then post a log and msq, so we can see settings and how it affects the engine speed.

David

nice first of all, i read all that crap months a[…]

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Thanks, car runs great now !!! Going to drift even[…]

sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?