For anything you'd like to see added to Speeduino
By Faza_888
Hello!
1. Can you make сlosed loop stepper motor idle?

2. Can you make a lamp output check engine? To the lamp ignited in the presence of errors.
By punisher454
I understand that completely. Since I'm quite a few months away (probably a year) from being far enough along on the car project I'm considering this for. system for. I like what I'm seeing so far, and the rate of progress is impressive.
By PSIG
Does anyone need help solving an idle issue? The closed-loop stepper has not been high-priority, which makes sense as it's more of a "nice" feature than a necessary one for most users—not unlike a typical carb'ed engine with warmup rpm control and set idle position like a carb throttle stop. There are a number of techniques developed to provide a stabilized idle without closed-loop if you need to solve for a smooth idle now, or have a particular unusual need, and make closed-loop unnecessary in most cases. I am also looking forward to PID idle with steppers, though honestly idle hasn't been an issue or concern with others, and want to spare Josh's time for solidifying some existing basic functions and new features. Please post any unusual needs for PID stepper idle control, so we can be sure the developed code addresses those needs. Also post here if you want help or ideas for idle problems without closed-loop for your projects in the meantime. Image

David
By noisymime
To throw a question out there... How many ppl out there actually have Speeduino running a stepper idle already using open loop?

I tend to prioritise things based on people actually having setups that will use them immediately and if there are people with the setup ready to go, I'm more than happy to put the time into it.
By apollard
I have one that is set up for it, but not using idle at all right now. Another waiting for install, but likely a year out. All use GM steppers.

I played with the warm up idle settings some, but didn't get it to work. Haven't tried again.
Ignition Angle doubled?

Please post a log with tune it was taken with. p[…]

Ok, I feel so stupid. I was running the Uno output[…]

Let's all have a laugh for second. There's trash[…]

It has been done more than a few times, there was […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?