Any strange behaviour, crashing issues etc, post them here! Problems compiling the firmware should go in the General support section rather than here
By Bodie
Hi all,

Just converted an engine to speeduino to control fuel only. The engine has a VR output that sends a pulse every 360 degrees on the crank. I've used "basic distributor" to get the engine running, however the tuner studio rpm is half of the actual engine rpm.

I've been scrounging through the speeduino code trying to find where I could change the decoder to simply double the sensed rpm.

Any ideas?
By digmorepaka
Bodie wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 11:17 am Hi all,

Just converted an engine to speeduino to control fuel only. The engine has a VR output that sends a pulse every 360 degrees on the crank. I've used "basic distributor" to get the engine running, however the tuner studio rpm is half of the actual engine rpm.

I've been scrounging through the speeduino code trying to find where I could change the decoder to simply double the sensed rpm.

Any ideas?
Basic distributor on 4 stroke assumes that the signal is cam speed, you can work around it by setting double the cylinders, single injector, and half the required fuel.

You could also set it to 2 stroke I guess, basic distributor pattern there runs on crank speed.
SPEEDUINO installed

What is ATV? Your local govt test scheme? I think […]

Hello All, Looking at ordering parts. Digikey hav[…]

Thanks for the reply and explication. The ha[…]

BMW E23 M30B28

I have used 14point7 products successfully. Note […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?