Any strange behaviour, crashing issues etc, post them here! Problems compiling the firmware should go in the General support section rather than here
By deecambo
Hello all, i have got a mega2560 loaded with speeduino, connected to a pi4 running tunerstudio. Ive been just messing around trying the different inputs and i cant get any readings from A0 or A1, IAT and CLT guages. A2 -A6 give me readings on their guages just nothing from A0-1.
Im just testing with a potentiometer and 0-5v atm, to learn abit about speeduino.
Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
By PSIG
...and calibrated?

If you look at a specific board-type schematic, you can see what pins are inputs and outputs (react or respond) such as this v0.4 family type. Earlier Fritzing versions are often easier to see the pin assignments. ;)
By deecambo
Yes, tunerstudio has identified the mega2560 board, is there anywhere else that I should "select" it? I have tested all of the Analogue pins to see if CLT was set to another one but this didnt work. No pin from A0-A15 will give a CLT or IAT reading. I have TPS,FUEL,OIL pressure etc reading other pins nicely.
Thanks
By LPG2CV
The reason the guys are banging on about selecting the correct board, is because with the issues you post, 99% of the time, the wrong board is selected. :) Speedy defaults to v404, any other board than that, and you need to select the one you have. It does not detect. :)

Did you load a base tune?

How are you testing the pins? Is this on the bench, or attached to an engine which is running?

Edit

Hey ... just re read you first post, and you don't have a board, just a mega, so you will get odd readings. Even with a board attached, you get odd readings without sensors attached.

This is an excellent way to learn about TS though. :D
By deecambo
Yeah, I've tied all the analogue pins to gnd except for the one I'm trying to get a reading from. This stops the others from jumping around or reading a signal from an adjacent pin. Just cant get a reading for clt or iat A0/1.
By deecambo
I have been watching Josh's video "speeduino live coding introduction", in which he mentions a comm.ino file. I dont have that file nor does his github it seems. Has it been replaced in later updates maybe??
By LPG2CV
on github, press the big green button and download the zip
the firmware will be in there somewhere. Though be aware that hardware and firmware are on separate gits.
To read the firmware, you will require
https://www.arduino.cc/en/software

regarding clt/iat, you cannot read them as they are expecting an input!
Ignition Angle doubled?

Please post a log with tune it was taken with. p[…]

Ok, I feel so stupid. I was running the Uno output[…]

Let's all have a laugh for second. There's trash[…]

It has been done more than a few times, there was […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?