Any strange behaviour, crashing issues etc, post them here! Problems compiling the firmware should go in the General support section rather than here
I have been posting on another thread in accessories but I think I am down to a software issue now so thought it should be logged here.

The original post is...viewtopic.php?f=15&t=4405&p=47324#p47324

I have a Speedysim working with a V4 Speeduino and the latest firmware.

My setup file for Tunerstudio is.....
(73.1 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
Basically I have Speedysim providing a 36-1 crank signal which appears on the Speeduino Mega at pin 19 (which I think is correct). I posted scope pictures and the pattern seems correct.

Tuner studio sees the variable TPS from Speedysim but wont recognise RPM so no spark.

As Speedysim output a 5v crank signal, I bypassed the VR conditioner and the signal is clean at pin 19.

Its probably something daft in the settings but I cant for the life of me see it.......
I've tried every option now (wasted COP seemed the logical one), still no ignition signals.....no RPM signal

EDIT. Wasted COP isnt right. This engine has 3 cylinders and each fires on each revolution but 120 degrees apart.

My bug comment was mostly because (using sequential) it did seem to work once but stopped when TPS was moved up and down.....

What mode do I need for that?

Thanks...
Don't think you need sequential but semi sequential or wasted.
Yours is a two stroke, everything happens in 360 crank degrees.

Sequential is mostly every 720 (2x360) crank degrees, four stroke engine 4x180=720.
On sequential you need to know which of the 2x360 is happening.
That is why you need crank and cam pulses for sequential running
Thanks LAV1000

So from the manual...
Wasted COP - This is a convenience mode that uses the same timing as the 'Wasted Spark' option, however each pulse is sent to 2 ignition outputs rather than one. These are paired IGN1/IGN3 and IGN2/IGN4 (ie When IGN1 is high, IGN3 will also be high). As this is still a wasted spark timing mode, only crank position is required and there will be 1 pulse per pair, per crank revolution. This mode can be useful in cases where there are 4 individual coils, but running full sequential is either not desired or not possible (Eg when no cam reference is available).

As I have 3 coils that need to fire 120 degrees apart (therefore 3 separate ignition circuits), this doesnt seem quite right either?

My current issue seems to be whatever spark setup I try I get no RPM on tuner studio and no spark indication. My crank signal is getting to where it should but I have no ignition channels firing......

EDIT...I've gone back and made the simplest project I can now. Single cylinder, TPS 4 stroke, 36-1 wheel and wasted COP. Still no ignition lights....I must be doing something fundamentally wrong here. The crank signal is still going where it should be but nothing lights up.

EDIT. I just tried the test hardware mode and all spark and ignition circuits work, so it must be my setup file that is wrong or my Speedysim crank signal just isnt being recognised for some reason......???
(73.29 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
Can you post a toothlog ?
Nice scope picture but I don't see the missing tooth :D
Not missing a ground somewhere ?
Might be a ground between simulator and speeduino ?

I myself don't know the speedysim.
I did use an arduino nano and a special program, but also had a struggle on the serial UI.
The missing tooth is hard to trigger at 36-1 but if i reduce the crank to a 6-1 it can be easily seen.

But even at 6-1, Speeduino doesnt want to recognise the signal.

I cant see anything wrong with the setup file I posted earlier?

And I know the hardware is Ok because i ran the hardware test.

Speedysim just plugs straight into speeduino on the 40pin and using the TPS/RPM pot I can see the both crank and TPS varying on the Mega pins.

There has to be something else in the setup inhibiting spark but anything I can think of like Boots limit is OFF.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?