Any strange behaviour, crashing issues etc, post them here! Problems compiling the firmware should go in the General support section rather than here
kettlekev wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:41 pm The missing tooth is hard to trigger at 36-1 but if i reduce the crank to a 6-1 it can be easily seen.

But even at 6-1, Speeduino doesnt want to recognise the signal.

I cant see anything wrong with the setup file I posted earlier?

And I know the hardware is Ok because i ran the hardware test.

Speedysim just plugs straight into speeduino on the 40pin and using the TPS/RPM pot I can see the both crank and TPS varying on the Mega pins.

There has to be something else in the setup inhibiting spark but anything I can think of like Boots limit is OFF.
So I asume the missing tooth does work.
But your latest tune in engine costants it is stil set to 3 cilinder........
kettlekev wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:11 pm Sorry, I did change my setup to run 6-1 as a test but again no spark. the file I posted is the one I want to run for the real build.

Can you see anything wrong with that running a 36-1 crank only?

Thanks
No problem.
I don't see anything wrong but have thoughts about about the wasted cop settings.
I don't know if they effer expected it to run a two stroke 3 cilinder.
If you read the comments at the settings the wasted cop is there for a 4 cilinder four stroke using 2 double ended coils.

Can you post your 1 cilinder msq.
No matter what ignition output should work.

I did focus on ignition output.
Still no rpm signal in tuner studio ?
Attached is the simplest setup I could think of.
(72.92 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
So to summarise.
1. Speedysim displays working TPS on Tuner studio but no RPM
2. Crank signal is good and shows on Arduino pin 19
3. If I run the Speeduino hardware test I can see the ignition and injectors triggering (lights on Speeduino) but not when using the crank signal from Speedysim.
4. If I run the above setup or the previous one posted (3 cylinder, 2 stroke), the results are the same. Good TPS, No RPM.
5. If I bypass the VR conditioner and use 5v crank signal direct to Arduino results are the same.

There must be some other fundamental setting stopping spark? I've looked at the rev cutoff limits but these seem ok?
endprot.PNG
endprot.PNG (40.57 KiB) Viewed 5671 times
If I can at least get a spark on any configuration, I can then hopefully work out the spark setting for a 3 cylinder, two stroke which as LAV1000 points out doesn't seem to fit wasted COP so maybe it isnt something TS can handle as most other 2 stroke systems I have seen postings on are 1 or 2 cylinders??
IMO, I would stop at this point and use the 'scope you have to probe for signals. I would probe to check that the live input signal is making it to the processor pin, and also that the output signal exists at the processor and is making it to the coil driver or Sim board, etc. Verify what's actually happening or not. You may find it's something simple, like a pullup jumper that's holding the crank input high, or a floating cam signal that's false-triggering, or other such easily solvable condition. If not, you know what stuff is working, for sure. Good luck!
make sure the injectors aren't set for sequential either, without a CAM signal it will never sync. just for now select paired injectors and wasted cop, just to check for RPM signal, that WILL work.

EDIT, just looked at your tune, YOU HAVE SET INJECTORS TO SEQUENTIAL, this is why its not working for you. refer to above.
Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 7.42.07 pm.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-29 at 7.42.07 pm.png (98.78 KiB) Viewed 5649 times
Guys

Thanks for the help with this one. The sequential injector pointer was the key. .....However no I have RPM/spark I have noticed this sequence when burning/resetting which doesnt seem right...

I found an interesting sequence with settings/reprogramming...

1. Spark settings set to wasted COP - 1 & 3 and 2 & 4 ignition circuits fire as expected
2. Change setting to sequential, BURN then do power reset - no ignition obviously (because no cam signal)
3. Change back to wasted COP and BURN (no power reset) - 3 ignition circuits firing 1,2,3 which is what I need BUT power reset sets it back to 1&3 and 2&4 (normal wasted COP).
4. Injector layout is semi-sequential which works fine for 3 injectors, 120 degrees apart.

Seems like it is possible to almost get a 3 cylinder sequence.......It looks like I need a semi-sequential, crank triggered spark mode but how do I get that?
Looking at the settings, can I fool Speeduino/Tunerstudio into thinking it is a 3 cylinder, 2 stroke with a 120 degree fire/inject pattern but using a 6 cylinder, wasted configuration?
wasted option.PNG
wasted option.PNG (111.91 KiB) Viewed 5530 times
Will my injectors and ignition fire at the same rate? I think injectors may fire twice as often?

EDIT...Actually with a bit more playing this seems right? Setting it as a 2 stroke means (i think) i will get one fire per revolution and matched timing (every 120 degrees).
wasted option2.PNG
wasted option2.PNG (104.74 KiB) Viewed 5530 times
Pay some attention to the required fuel settings.
Don't know how those numbers work out in real live, could off by 50% or 100% :roll:

Since you have a 2 channel scope you can test injector or ignition timing compared to the cranksensor to check timing of signals.
To do this you need one channel triggered by injector or ignition.
And use the other channel for your crank sensor.

Pay attention at grounding the channels, to avoid making shorts.
Inside the scope they connected to each other !
MAP LOOKUP & TS DEFINITIONS

See how the write commands use the identifiers to […]

Ok, I feel so stupid. I was running the Uno output[…]

Let's all have a laugh for second. There's trash[…]

It has been done more than a few times, there was […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?