Any strange behaviour, crashing issues etc, post them here! Problems compiling the firmware should go in the General support section rather than here
By joelee073
I'm noticing a strange issue with the wideband input affecting the injector pulse width. I don't have EGO correction enabled so that's not affecting the PW. I'm using a Spartan2 wideband that has a startup sequence where it will output 1.33 volts for 15 seconds and then 3.33 volts for another 15 before it begins output the correct AFR.

I'm noticing that upon start up, the PW seems to be changing with the voltage. I'll be reading 1.8ms while the wideband is outputting 1.33v and then as soon as it changes to 3.33v, the PW jumps up to 2.1ms. As soon as the start up sequence ends, the PW drops another .3ms.

This is with the latest firmware on a UA4C board.

By LPG2CV
Could it be ASE and not the O2? The ultimate test would be to completely un plug the controller and look for changes.

Also, you can turn the O2 on, and set a delay before it starts working.

Be aware though, that if you laptop is plugged in, the delay will start counting down because Speedy is powered by usb. The controller wont cycle until the ignition is turned on.
By JHolland
I suspect that the output voltage from the WB changes as the heater goes through its warm-up period and you are getting noise, probably a ground shift, from the heater current switching. Does it also show on any of the sensor inputs?
By joelee073
ASE was active during this time but it ends about 5 seconds after the wideband starts reading correctly so I've ruled it out.

I don't think setting a delay for the wideband will solve anything, it would just be masking the problem.

I'm sure I can install a potentiometer and feed the 5v signal to the Wideband input and duplicate the issue with full control but the ECU is installed in a buddies car.
By joelee073
JHolland wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:17 am I suspect that the output voltage from the WB changes as the heater goes through its warm-up period and you are getting noise, probably a ground shift, from the heater current switching. Does it also show on any of the sensor inputs?
The other sensors are not affected by this issue.

By joelee073
jonbill wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:52 am how about "multiply by ratio of AFR to target AFR" in the VE table?
Seems like that could be it, I'll turn it off the next time I tune the car and see if it helps. What's the purpose of the two Multiply by ratio options? I'm reading the tip but I'm having a hard time figuring it out. I've never seen anything like that in any other tuning software.

Hi, I am trying to assign Signed values to the x-a[…]

Vr Conditioner Noise when cranking

New version 202305 don't fix the issue. Now after[…]

blitzbox

I've finally figured out why MAP and Lambda weren'[…]

Hello, I bring news!! Let me tell you that after […]

Still can't find what you're looking for?