Any strange behaviour, crashing issues etc, post them here! Problems compiling the firmware should go in the General support section rather than here
By kocene
Hey everyone, I have some problems with my speeduino... My setup: BMW M50NV with pazi 2.0 board.

When I built the board I had troubles with my injectors not opening. Hardware test turned out fine and I fixed this by getting a new Arduino. The car started up fine after that but I had some TPS problems. The ADC Count dropped when I turned on the ignition (see the video below) and also when the engine was running the TPS was reading 0 (or was very spikey and erratic).

TPS problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNah3E8-LrA

I thought that I have a bad TPS so I drove the car about 50km to my friend to try out his TPS just to make sure. On my way there, the car run alright with autotune enabled. When I got there, the problem persisted even with different TPS, so I decided to drive home. However the car would not start. When I checked the log it seems like the MAP is acting up (stays at 98kpa).

I looked for short in the wires but could not find any. Checked the ground but they are good. Not really sure what to do now. Any input would be helpful.

1st log: cruising, TPS not working but MAP is
2nd log: start up attempts. TPS and MAP not working + the O2 sensor is unplugged.
Attachments
(62.2 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
(67.14 KiB) Downloaded 253 times
(562.05 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
By jonbill
I had a problem where the ADC on my TPS was elevated and erratic while my o2 sensor was warming up and not giving a signal. I now have a switch between my o2 sensor and the Speeduino so I can wait until the 02 sensor is sensible before connecting the speeduino.
By kocene
jonbill wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:27 pm I had a problem where the ADC on my TPS was elevated and erratic while my o2 sensor was warming up and not giving a signal. I now have a switch between my o2 sensor and the Speeduino so I can wait until the 02 sensor is sensible before connecting the speeduino.
Thank you for the suggestion. I have my O2 sensor on a switch as well but the problem persists even when the O2 sensor is fully warmed up or completely turned off so I don't think there is a correlation.
By noisymime
Assuming you've calibrated the TPS correctly, try measuring the 5v reference to the TPS and making sure it's stable.

If your MAP is playing up then it's possible the 5v signal is not stable, which would cause issues with both the sensors.

Doesn't look like you can edit posts? Correct. […]

BMW E23 M30B28

Don't forget, you can always fall-back to the &[…]

Ignition Angle doubled?

*** HELP **** HELP *** HELP *** now it starts to […]

The basetunes were on so old version that they did[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?