Any strange behaviour, crashing issues etc, post them here! Problems compiling the firmware should go in the General support section rather than here
By DavidWilliams
gt2limited wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:38 pm OK i am guessing not a priority newer ej use the 36-2-2-2, i went with an external 36-1 hall sensor setup. Engine has not been fired up 5 years now but started first try in 2 seconds, idles smooth etc so next up is installation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoyCN0AJEH4
What 36-1 hall sensor setup did you use? I've got a 6/7 ej22 I'm working on right now. crank and cam signals look really good and clean on a scope, but I don't get sync very often. Once I do, it starts up and runs fine. It's going to be my best friend's daily driver, so unreliable sync isn't going to cut it.
By marcus4
You can try to uncomment line 2872 of decoder.ino. Personnally I did it and some small hacks and I have full sync every time on my simulator. If you would like, I have a small program for a Arduino mega to generate Subaru 6/7 trigger pattern on two pins at different engine speed.
By gt2limited
DavidWilliams wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:24 am
What 36-1 hall sensor setup did you use? I've got a 6/7 ej22 I'm working on right now. crank and cam signals look really good and clean on a scope, but I don't get sync very often. Once I do, it starts up and runs fine. It's going to be my best friend's daily driver, so unreliable sync isn't going to cut it.
It is a VW hall sensor 037906433 and i laser cut a 36-1 wheel with pilot bore the A/C ribs of the crank pulley
By miker
I've seen this thread come and go. I did some work on a special 7 tooth Subaru crank trigger (unfortunately the person who was interested didn't have the full version of tuner studio so we never could confirm the trigger pattern & debug the code).

Tonight i've looked at the trigger pattern on this threadhttps://speeduino.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2501 and built my own version of the 6/7 pattern for ardustim - assuming i got the pattern correct for ardustim the firmware doesn't decode it. NB i'm not using the existing ardustim pattern due to people saying in real life the speeduino doesn't work, yet i'm sure i remember the firmware working on ardustim.

Now i promised i was going to stop playing with decoders a few weeks ago (and wrote another thats now in test). I'm not promising i'll do anything with this pattern but if you could get a tooth log and screen shots It would really help.
Last edited by miker on Sun Feb 20, 2022 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
By PSIG
FYI signal simulators for testing - my older version of Ardu-Stim supports both 36-2-2-2 crank-only, and 36-2-2-2 crank and cam signals. Newer versions (LibreEMS and Speeduino versions) support at least the crank-only version.
By miker
There is a problem with the code in the firmware that if you have resync set it will never detect a rotation of the engine (the sync code has something to reset the tooth counter before the code that checks if you've seen enough teeth to trigger a rotation).

I'm working on an updated version. What I need to be sure on is the details of the crank/cam pattern. Once i've finished my code i'll test with my interpretation of the crank/cam pattern and the original version in ardustim.
By Yoosyn
miker wrote:There is a problem with the code in the firmware that if you have resync set it will never detect a rotation of the engine (the sync code has something to reset the tooth counter before the code that checks if you've seen enough teeth to trigger a rotation).

I'm working on an updated version. What I need to be sure on is the details of the crank/cam pattern. Once i've finished my code i'll test with my interpretation of the crank/cam pattern and the original version in ardustim.
Hi, I can do some tests. Recently I had much work but now it is getting better. My subaru is still working good as a daily driver. Getting sync reliably :) after 3-4seconds of cranking :( with altered firmware.
My trigger wheel photos from topic you mentioned may be misleading because I didnt take into account cam sensor placement angle.
Here is some additional info in case you missed it:
https://github.com/noisymime/speeduino/issues/70
Ignition Angle doubled?

I review each and every setting as you did, but I […]

Doesn't look like you can edit posts? Correct. […]

BMW E23 M30B28

Don't forget, you can always fall-back to the &[…]

The basetunes were on so old version that they did[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?