Any strange behaviour, crashing issues etc, post them here! Problems compiling the firmware should go in the General support section rather than here
By ralfs.volis
So long story short - started conversation on Audi 2.1 10v turbo engine form nasty mechanical fuel injection to full EFI with electronic injectors (DEKA 630cc) and ECU controled spark.

First attempt was to run spark with basic distributor setup. Got it running, idled fine, but when i rev`d engine past 2k, it started to missfire very, very badly. Somehow messing around found out that it could go to 4k rpm`s when dwell time was lower - set to 1.2ms, not like it suppouse to be - 3ms.
Stared tuning and obviously spark was getting blown out @ 0.7 - 0.8bar, because of that small dwell time.
After that i scoped the igniton output and found out that ignition pulses when rasing dwell past 1.2 ms stared to get messed up - misaligned from what it needed to be. Here is the video - https://youtu.be/8wBixpQo8vY

Ok, got rid of idea to run it with basic distributor, and built new setup - 60-2 on crank with vr sensor, 1 tooth on cam with oem hall, so i can run sequential ignition with BMW COP`s and two VW ignition modules.

Now dwell time is how it needs to be - 3ms (and easily changable). But now the issue is that i cant rev it past 5.4k - 5.5k rpm`s, it just sits there. Limiters ar set to 6k soft, and 6.1k hard.

Using newest (at this time) - September release. Thought mby that was the issue, so changed to older ones, but with no luck.
Next I thought that the VR sensor was acting up, so changed to Hall, but still nothing changed, same problem.

And not so important, but i think related - car taho is showing only to 4.5k, when tuner studio shows it past 5k rpm`s. Cars tacho is directly wired to Ecu`s tacho output with 10k pullup to 12v.

Oh, and one more thing - injectors are set to run simultaneously, and all 5 of them are hard wired all together, because injector output channel 3 isnt working when set to 5 cylinder count in setup, but it works when set to 4 cylinders (so the channel works), so alternating on 5 cyinder setup isnt working either - channel 1, 2 and 4 works ok, but not the 3rd one, dont know why. :? (PS I know that on alternating setup 3rd and 5th injector needs to be connected on 3rd channel)

Cant figure out these issues. :cry:

Added a tune file and a datalog. (TPS is not calibrated in this one :roll: )

I`d grateful if someone could help.
Attachments
(53.22 KiB) Downloaded 363 times
(817.35 KiB) Downloaded 311 times
By theonewithin
You made the required code changes to enable 5 cylinder ignition yea?

Could you upload the code you changed also in case you stuffed something up there too.
By ralfs.volis
theonewithin wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:32 am You made the required code changes to enable 5 cylinder ignition yea?

Could you upload the code you changed also in case you stuffed something up there too.
I haven`t changed the code, didn`t know it needed to be changed to run 5 cylinder :oops:
Can please someone guide me thru?
By theonewithin
ralfs.volis wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:04 am
theonewithin wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:32 am You made the required code changes to enable 5 cylinder ignition yea?

I haven`t changed the code, didn`t know it needed to be changed to run 5 cylinder :oops:
Can please someone guide me thru?
You will have to search the forum and see if you can find someone who has done it.

Seems it has been done but no one has actually provided any info on how to.

Josh (creator of Speeduino) originally said he would release details about it when the features were added but... nothing ever came of that.
By LPG2CV
I'm surprised that you can get to 5k rpm with a software issue! Your tune needs work, and if you start from idle upwards, you may find you can tune the issue out. I wasn't paying to much attention, but did notice you had AFR values of up to 20 in places. You also mentioned a TPS issue. Iron out the little issue because they add up to big ones. :)
By ralfs.volis
LPG2CV wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:06 pm I'm surprised that you can get to 5k rpm with a software issue! Your tune needs work, and if you start from idle upwards, you may find you can tune the issue out. I wasn't paying to much attention, but did notice you had AFR values of up to 20 in places. You also mentioned a TPS issue. Iron out the little issue because they add up to big ones. :)
Big thanks for your response, tomorow will try that, and then will post a new log
Forgot to mention - when standing still, i can get it to rev to 6k, just when driving it doesnt go there
By LPG2CV
Generally a good idea to start from the beginning, assume nothing. Did you use a timing light to set trigger angle?
By ralfs.volis
LPG2CV wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:40 pm Generally a good idea to start from the beginning, assume nothing. Did you use a timing light to set trigger angle?
True.
Yes, of course, timing is set spot on.
By jrbe
Are the coils grounded well? The 10v can be an odd engine to do coil on plug with the plugs hanging out the side.
Engine grounded to the chassis well?
Seems to me from your info that the weak spark was more forgiving. To me that says electrical noise from the coils.

nice first of all, i read all that crap months a[…]

I rewired a few grounds and tested the TPS and rel[…]

Thanks, car runs great now !!! Going to drift even[…]

sauver moteur v8

bonsoir je m appel jean marie et j habite en Franc[…]

Still can't find what you're looking for?